22!

Forrest was waiting for her down at the hotel lobby. Tonight is the night, he would introduce her to the world as his fiancée and there is nothing that could excite s more than this. But as he looked ahead of him, that thought changed instantaneously. He looked at Reva and she looked like something out of a fairytale. His own personal fairy godmother sent her to him. So that he can claim her first, her last, and her every living, breathing moment just for himself.

He took her hand and kissed the back of her palm. "You look so beautiful little birdie." He whispered. The red looked far better on her than he had imagined it to be. "Shall we go?" He asked holding out his hand to her. "Yes, we shall Mr. Lyte," She said reaching for it. He led her to the car he booked for the night.

 "So, you are not driving?" She asked. "Not tonight, tonight I am going to devote all my time to the only person who is more special to me than anyone in this whole world." He always has such sweet words to say to Reva. It always made her heart flutter.

The venue was shimmering with light. He held her hand and took her inside where the ball was held. And everyone was waiting for them. Forrest held her hand and the cameras flashed all around them. Forrest pulled me closer and whispered "Smile little birdie, all the eyes are on you tonight" That was what she was afraid about, that everyone will have their eyes on her. 

She gave them a small smile. But her nervousness refused to go away. He finally pulled her inside. "That was intense, is it always like this with you all?" Forrest was concerned that she was acting so out of character.

As much as he knew Reva loves those cameras. But today she was not loving them at all. Something was very wrong here. But as much as he wished to know, he could not. "No, not always, I think you need something to drink and that will relax you" Reva held his hand. "No, I am alright Forrest, just stay here next to me?" He nodded deciding it would be best if he didn't leave her alone tonight.

 "I am here Honey, and here they are, my mother and father. So, are you ready?" He asked her. Reva took a deep breath and then nodded. She wasn't ready but she cannot escape this now. She promised to be by his side.

Forrest can understand her nervousness. It is not every day that you actually meet your boyfriend's father and mother. "Mother, Father, I want you to meet someone. Her name is Reva Mathur and she is a Cardiologist like me." His mother and father looked at Reva. "So, she works for you?" His father asked. "No father, she works for Chris, who unfortunately couldn't attend today because he is taking care of his wife and his kid."

"Unfortunate, it is really son. Seems like he is prioritizing his wife more than his friend nowadays." Reva didn't like the tone of his mother at all. "Mother, you should know that you are not only insulting my business partner and my best friend but, you also are insulting my sister and my niece. Not to mention, you are insulting my fiancée's best friend." Reva was surprised to see him defending Christopher and Pia. But maybe she doesn't know everything about him or his family.

Reva can safely say he brought her along because he needed her to go through this night. And she can clearly see why now. "Fiancée? I thought it was Ange you are with, so is the awake?" Reva didn't like their tone. "Why are you here? I am talking to my son, your presence isn't needed here girl" And she thought only Pia's in-laws were harsh, but these people in front of her are on all another level. 

"I am sorry mam," Reva said politely. Forrest held her hand stopping her from leaving. "Do you know who my fiancée is? The one you are insulting right now. She has every right to be here because she is more of a family than you ever were." Reva wasn't expecting Forrest to say that to his parents. But he surprised her once again.

"You cannot be serious, son," His father said this time. "Oh, father but I am serious about her. As I was serious about being a cardiologist, which you haven't supported too. But since I have such a profitable response you let it go. Soon, you will get used to her too. And even if you don't, I simply do not care about it." He took her hand and kissed it. "Now, if you excuse me, I need to let everyone know I have found someone to share my life with." Forrest walked towards the media.