43!

Forrest even when Ange was in custody cannot rest. For some reason, he cannot take out that puzzling thought out of his head about someone else being behind all this. If it was his parents then he was still in trouble and if it was not, then they aren't out of the woods yet. He didn't wish to alert Reva but she had already started to catch on to all that.

"Art, come on, go to sleep. You are awake for straight forty- eight hours. You are going to hurt yourself this way." He didn't wish to worry her about anything. But she was a very clever girl and sooner or later she was going to find out. "Sorry, just a case in hospital. I do not wish you to worry my love. Worrying is not good for your heart." He said to her as he tried to calm her down.

"So, the gun you carry and put close by always is also a part of the case?" She asked getting up. "you were dead set against firearms anywhere near you Forrest but you going and getting a license for the same doesn't indicate you are worried about a case." "I took it just in case, you know I do not wish to end up in a position where I cannot protect you or my family. But we have more than that to care about. Have you come up with an idea of how you are going to get Disha and Valentino close?" She looked at him as if he has grown two heads.

"Those two will kill each other being in a room together even if they are unarmed. And it was your suggestion so, deal with it Mr. Heart specialist." She told him pulling Forrest closer. "Now tell me love what is really bothering you." Forrest sighed thinking he had no way out of this now. "Remember the video? It got me thinking if it all was the product of Ange's brain. She never seems to be smart enough to formulate all of it. So, even in theory if she had help, I wish to know who."

"Forrest, it is in theory, we really do not have a way to know. Ange had confessed to everything. She told the police how she formulated all this to her benefit even after your mother and father paid her just to stay with you and eventually bring you back. That was the original plan but then she wanted your property so, this was how she thought she will get it." Reva tried to make him understand but Forrest can feel it inside. Something doesn't feel right.

The next morning Reva thought that the only way to distract Forrest was to give him the answer to the question he was seeking. So, she pulled her old album the one she kept hidden from his eyes till now. Then she walked to Forrest's home office. She knocked and he looked up from his files. "Do you have a spare moment Art?" She asked him. "For you my love, I can spare as many as you wish me to. Tell me what is that you wish to know and I will tell you the answer to your query."

"It is not me, I want to show you something." He stood up and walked out with her towards the sitting area. He pulled her down on the couch. "What are these?" He asked pointing at the album. "Your answer to why I do not wear Indian attire as much as my other friends. My old life was much different before you, before them. Apurva was selected by my parents. We had known each other for so long, they thought it would be a good idea to pair me with him." She told him.

"But what Apurva was to them, was very different than how he behaved with me. He is this perfect dream of son-in-law to them. But their dreams were very different than the reality of the situation. Apurva resented me. He called me old-fashioned. He said I wasn't beautiful, I don't know how to dress and I was fat, got no personality of my own." She pointed to an old photograph.

 "This is me just when I decided to join medical college. I defied his views of having a perfect silent housewife whom he can exploit for his own good. But I refused to be part of it anymore. For him, I had changed myself fully. I started dressing like he wished me to. Started eating what he wished, tried to be as he wished to see me. Then I realized that no matter what I do, he forever will shun me down. He will never respect me, or my profession. He feels happy showing he is better than me to everyone." She turns silent and met Forrest's eyes. "He never going to accept me because I was something he can mock, something he can break, something he can keep under his thumb."