6!

Forrest was working on his laptop and then he looked at the time. Reva was very late today. She has never been late in the time she was working for him. He had to give a presentation soon for the new artificial valve they were developing for the heart transplantation surgeries, and she had all the documentation.

 But sadly, she wasn't there. Then another thing occurred into his mind what if something had happened to her? Maybe she is ill? She had been taking care of his office and home all alone when he was recovering.

He typed the last letter of her name on his phone when she entered looking tired and disheveled. "Sorry sir, I have fallen asleep. I almost forgot about the presentation. But I readied the PPT. And I have also..." She almost fell down but Forrest held her. 

"Reva, are you alright?" He asked. "Yes. I am fine." "Reading and sleeping late again? How many times I have to tell you it is not very good for you?" He asked raising his voice a little making her flinch. "And I also made you some chicken noodle soup you like so much"

"You cannot do this little birdie," Forrest said making her eyes water. "I cannot cook for you?" She asked. "No, if you don't cook who will feed me, if you haven't noticed I am a terrible cook." She remembered how he almost destroyed his kitchen trying to surprise her with breakfast and as a result, they had to take their three meals outside of the house. 

The memory made her laugh. And then she sneezed. "Alright, no work for you this entire weekend. We are going away. On a weekend trip because you are overworking yourself. Time for some fun Miss Mathur." That shocked her more.

"A trip sir?" She asked. "Yes, Miss Mathur, you and me, we are going on a trip. So, you don't grow old and frail before I do and also, you don't lose your charm too." And he ruffled her hairs. "The operation sir? We need surgery to repair the artery of a..." 

"Done it already, you were late so I shorted that out and the operation was successful. I did it last night, ended in the morning, the gentleman will live for another ten-twenty years maybe more if he follows all the instructions we have told him to follow."

Forrest closed his laptop. "And no Miss Mathur there are not any more pending cases here. And no, we are not going far away, just to Hawaii. It is good for the weekend trip. I think you deserve a break from everything. I deserve a break too. I am working too hard." He said. "But..." 

"What Miss Mathur you don't think I deserve a break? What kind of friend are you? I work twenty-four seven even after my injury I have done so much work and you still think I do not deserve a break? I am hurt" Reva stopped him. "It is not that sir, I had some plans this weekend, I was going to meet few old friends of mine who had come here recently."

Forrest cannot let her stay. Disha and Mia aren't home. And they will not be returning anytime sooner. He needed her to stay away since Kelly had been seen snooping around their place lately. He cannot take the risk. He needed to convince her to come with him. Otherwise, it will be a disaster. "Meet them tomorrow early before we leave or you may meet them tonight. But you are coming with me. No questions asked." He commanded her. 

"But..." "No but Miss Mathur, one rule, you will do what I want to. No questions asked." She nodded not saying anything. "Now, I am hungry where is my food?" He asked looking at her bag expectantly.

"This is something that touches my soul every time. If you weren't my intern, I would have appointed you as my cook." He said. "Yes, why not sir, do I look like a cook to you?" She asked. "Don't get angry, little birdie, I was just praising you. Imagine if you would have lived with me, and I came home to you every day, would you let me go hungry knowing all I have left for dinner is take out, little birdie." He asked.