41!

Christopher waited for Forrest outside the courtroom. He had convinced the district attorney to hold a private hearing because it will only tarnish his friend's good name as a doctor and he didn't wish for that to happen. He saw the woman with blond hair following someone. He quickly made his way towards her. 

"Miss, can I talk to you for a minute?" Christopher asked. "Do I know you sir?" the woman asked. "You must be because you were the one who had suggested to me that I should make changes in my will. Or you have forgotten that already?" Christopher asked. "You must have mistaken me for someone else." She told him. "Or you do not wish to admit that it was you who wanted to manipulate me." She took off her shades.

"Now, why would I do that Christopher Royce Woodland? I have no business meddling in your or your best friend's business for no reason. Now excuse me, I am here regarding a case. My client must be waiting for me." She brushed him off and walked inside the courtroom. Pia was watching that from afar thinking how odd it was that she brushed him off like nothing happened when in reality her actions might cost someone their life. Christopher returned to Pia just then a car stopped in front of them.

Forrest walked out with Reva in the toe and then Mia came too. "Are you ready?" Christopher asked. Forrest shook his head. "How can anyone be ready for something like this Chris? I am not. But I will do my best to defend myself." Forrest said as they too made their way towards the stairs. Just then they met Ange on the top of the step. She regarded them coolly. Her expression betrayed nothing at all. "Fancy seeing you tagging along with your cheerleaders Forrest. They cannot save you, no one can. But I can give you one last chance of negotiation. Agree to my terms and I will not go through it."

Before Forrest can reply Reva did "what is making you so nervous about this Ange? I thought you had evidence against my husband. Now, you are the one willing to back out. Does it fear I can see in your eyes or it is something else entirely?" Ange brushed her shoulder. "You are just a bedwarmer in my eyes dear. A thing, not a person, and no voice at all whatsoever. So, I prefer you be quiet and not talk nonsense between the two of us." Forrest was about to defend her but Reva held his hand shaking her head.

"I think the opposite, I think you would like even that position in his life. You are jealous because ultimately, he chose me, as you said yourself insignificant nobody. That is what makes you mad yes? You not getting what you desired for most. Even after working so hard, thinking you are the best in everything. Even accusing me of hitting you when you always used to provoke me. Knowing I was the one he was intending to marry. It had hit you hard. But look at you, feeling so enraged not even able to get to the thing position in his life." Ange slapped her.

"You are here because I am allowing you. If not for him and them protecting you all the time, I would have taken you out easily like a pest you are." Reva smirked. That baffled Ange. "Oh, so you do admit that you thus want to kill me?" She asked very calmly. "Yes, I so do. I want to take you out because until you are alive, he will not look at me twice even if you are a good-for-nothing wannabe person." Reva kissed Forrest in front of her and he kissed her back.

 "Let's go in and win this baby. And when we come back out, I want you to kiss me here on this front step with a smiling face. You will do that for me don't you?" "Yes, I promise you little birdie. I will do that for you and more." He said and they looked at Ange. She was fuming looking at them. "I will see how you do that Forrest Arthur Lyte."

They took their respective seats. Forrest was sitting with a lawyer Christopher and Eros had hired. Their main concern was what evidence she can put against him to prove thus that he is indeed the culprit here. And if there is a way to counter it. By seeing how calm Ange looked right now Forrest was having doubts about this. He wanted to know if he has a fair chance of winning this. And if he doesn't what options he had left in his hands after this. As soon as the judge arrived, they all stood up. The judge begins to address the court.