15!

Forrest was now looking at his attacker who was in a ski mask. And he was pinning down Forrest with all his body weight. It has proven harder than he thought to subdue his attacker. "Reva are you alright?" Forrest asked trying to put the blade away from his body.

 "Just a small scratch, I will live" He can tell she was lying. "Alright, hold on for a few minutes baby, I will be just done in few minutes" He assured her. "Alright, no rush takes your time playing dartboard with human targets."

Even in this dangerous life-threatening situation, she is joking. And he just knows now how brave she is. His beautiful brave girl. He managed to knock the knife out of his attackers' hand render him unconscious. He stood up quickly looking at Reva. She was bleeding from her calf and that was too much blood. "You have more than a scratch Honey" She smiled at him. "Nonsense, I am not going to leave you this easily silly, you are my fiancé remember?"

Then suddenly she pulled him away and received another deadly blow on her abdomen. "Reva" Forrest shouted. And the attacker heard the sirens. He ran leaving a very injured Reva who was now bleeding so much more than he can take. 

"Foolish girl. Why you did that?" He asked. "Sorry, My Prince our journey might cut shorter than I intend to. I am sorry." He looked at her kissing her forehead and picked her up running down the stairs again towards his car.

Luckily a policeman spotted him. "My fiancée was attacked, and in need of immediate medical attention, can you please help me, please officer," Forrest begged. "Ok, I will drive you to the hospital." As the officer drove them to the hospital, Forrest tried his best to keep her from bleeding out. 

His t-shirt was getting soaked in her blood. He was failing to protect her. "Baby, don't close your eyes. Please, don't close your eyes, we are close to the hospital." He saw the Woodlands close in.

And even before the car came to halt fully, he ran inside with her. Not caring about the officer shouting at him. "Get me the OT prepped stat" He shouted. Everyone stopped at his disheveled appearance. And his blood-soaked clothes. 

Everyone turned silent, rooted at the place looking at their beloved Heart specialist with his own heart in turmoil. "Move it, she is losing blood." The staff moved finally and he put her on to a stature. The doctors rushed in. And begin prepping her, for the surgery.

She looked at Forrest who was holding her hand. "Forrest..." "Don't talk I know you are in pain little birdie. I am going to save you." She smiled at him "even if you cannot... I won't blame you. I just wanted to say that I... I love..." her eyes closed. 

"Reva, Reva honey wake up. Wake up." He looked at the heart monitor. "She is convulsing her body is going into shock," The doctor said. "Quick stabilize her and prep her for surgery. I am going to do it myself" Forrest said.

Everyone looked at him surprised. "Doctor Lyte you cannot operate in these conditions, you are too much vulnerable and can commit a mistake easily. I think you should keep out of this one." One of them said. 

"So, you suggest that in absence of Christopher and Pia I let you operate on my fiancée? And leave it to you, armatures? It is a high-risk surgery how many have you performed such high-risk surgery? How many of you have any experience regarding such conditions. You are still an intern, that means gaining experience." They turned silent again.

"Prep her now, without wasting my time more than this and I may let you assist me." With that said he left for his own cabin.

 He cannot believe how one of them can even think about trying to operate on her. Telling him to stay out of it, like he can do that. No one is responsible for this but him. No one but him, he should have been there. He should have. He failed her again. He failed her once more.