Chapter 46

Alter-Y/N had set up the brothers with a very demanding training regiment. Starting tomorrow at least. But with it getting late Alter-Y/N finds the commander in his office.

Alter-Y/N: So we meet at last Commander Sheppard.

Sheppard: Ah the alter Y/N. To what do I owe your visit.

Alter-Y/N: Just thought you could have someone to help you understand whats happened the last few days.

Sheppard holds up a bottle of whisky.

Sheppard: No thanks. Iv got this.

Alter-Y/N: Then in that case, might I join you for a drink.

Sheppard: Your not gonna draw in for gambling will you.

Alter-Y/N: Is that what my other self did? No don't worry.

The commander pours a drink for Alter-Y/N.

Alter-Y/N: However I do have a question for you.

Sheppard: What might that be?

Alter-Y/N: What happens after the war with the sirens. What happens to all of them.

Sheppard: You mean how the rest of the humans will look at them.

Alter-Y/N: Exactly. The way I see, there is three possible directions. The most unlikely way will be that humans will give them equal rights and live peacefully with eachother. Secondly, they will be retired. And I say this the nicest way possible, for a terrible fate. Thirdly, they will continue to be worked as war ships for humans, eventually against each other and other humans. Becoming slaves to an extent.

Sheppard: I know. Iv thought about this a few times myself. There are other commanders who see them as soldiers with needs like myself.

Alter-Y/N: But there are others who don't, only objects of war. Am I correct.

Sheppard: Yes, Iv even heard rumors there were... Unbecoming of a commanding officer.

Alter-Y/N: They have free will. They are sentient beings just like humans are.

Sheppard: Your forgetting a fourth option will that statement. Humans could just wait for them to die of old age. They cant reproduce offspring after all.

Alter-Y/N: And what if they could?

Sheppard: Well that's an entirely different can of worms that wont open. There's been more signs that they can reproduce.

Alter-Y/N lets out a feint smirk. But the commander notices.

Sheppard: No. They didn't.

Alter-Y/N: I can smell the hormones clear as day.

Sheppard: Which one.

Alter-Y/N: My other self and that white fox.

Sheppard: Oh great, that's the beginning of a political nightmare.

Alter-Y/N: They the cause of your gray hairs.

Sheppard: Yes. 100%

Alter-Y/N: You know my old commanding officer used to say the same thing towards us.

Sheppard: Well there's something you two have in common.

Alter-Y/N: So what do you think will happen then.

Sheppard: Kaga might be taken with the unborn child, possibly only having one of two ways this will go. One they might be experimented on and secondly they could just kill them both out right. How far along is she?

Alter-Y/N: I would say no more than three weeks. And its only a matter of time before some of the more animal like girls start to smell it as well. So what will you do, keep it a secret as long as you can. Or report it.

Sheppard: Well... I don't report it. Kaga is a part of the Sakura Empire. She was never properly transferred over to the main base here. So I only need to report it once Nagato finds out and reports it me. That's how long we have.

Alter-Y/N: Good answer. I can tell they will be in good hands with you.

Sheppard: To be honest as soon as they all found out I would report it. The brothers, inferno squad and the countless numbers of others would be up my ass to keep it a secret. So I just heard a simple rumor from a civilian we rescued.

Alter-Y/N chuckles.

Alter-Y/N: Yea Im total a civilian with my history.

Sheppard: Says the god.

Alter-Y/N: Im still mortal, I just have a goddess living inside me.

Sheppard: I suppose we take a toast to this news now.

Alter-Y/N raises his glass.

Alter-Y/N: To the future generation.

Sheppard: To the future generation.

The two clink their glasses and take a drink.

Sheppard: So when do you think they'll get the idea that she's expecting.

Alter-Y/N: Well, unless someone tells them at some point. Kaga might just think shes putting on weight within a few months. But the scent she will be producing will be noticeable. But then again no one has ever gone through pregnancy or know someone else who has. So who knows.

Sheppard: Im gonna need to call in a few favors then to help those two prepare. Without letting the higher ups catch on.

The two soldiers continue to talk, Sheppard learning more about Alter-Y/N's world.

Sheppard: So your own Earth, whats it like.

Alter-Y/N: Well, it does look similar with two  big differences.

Sheppard: What might those be.

Alter-Y/N: Well for starters our earth is about three times bigger than yours. And we also have two other planets hovering above us in the sky.

Sheppard: You have three planets right next to each other?

Alter-Y/N: Yep, but were only inhabiting one so far. And right now we could only inhabit one of the other two anyways. Considering how one of them is a literal ocean planet.

Sheppard: Your universe sounds more peaceful and beautiful than ours.

Alter-Y/N: Well we hope this peace will last.

The old sailor and the old soldier talk the night away before calling it quits.