Chapter 37

With the sun setting the battle is still ragging on. The sirens putting on one hell of a fight to keep this base, showing that there is some very important items within this fortress. Both sides have eased up on the attack, as its a new moon tonight. The only ones who could possible see is high ranking sirens and Y/N. 

Y/N: How are things with the POW/s?

Hunter: So far so good, only a few patrols here and there. But mostly quiet, given there's a major conflict outside

Y/N: Yea well, wish we could be there with you. But with it being a new moon, Im the only one who can really see. So the commander has left me on lookout.

Hunter: You sure the sirens wont attack with it being black out.

Y/N: Historically, when the sirens have had some form of night attack, its always been with a full moon. When they have when its darker out they have had higher ranking sirens. So most likely they are trying to gain reinforcements before out next assault.

Cannons can be heard from the front line, both sides trying to get some lucky hits in.

Y/N: Really wish the commander would let me run to you all and give you supplies, but Im stuck here.

Hunter: Don't worry about us, you just need to focus on whats gonna happen when dawn arrives.

Y/N: Oh god your right. I should really try to get as much rest as I can then.

Hunter: Get some rest Y/N, alright.

Y/N: Alright Hunter. You need any help, ill be there in a heartbeat. 

Meanwhile inside B/N's ship.

Boss: Doctor are you sure you want me to connect this to them? I can do it, but we just don't know whats gonna happen if we do.

Dr. Erskine: Yes, I am. If this battle continues for longer than intended well need to use its power.

Boss: Alright if you say so.

Dr. Erskine opens one of the cylinders he brought from the base, a black color glow can be seen once its opened. Dr. Erskine places this item inside a component inside B/N' ship, and the two of them begin to properly set it up.

The two of them place and integrate this strange part in both the brothers engines.

Y/N, still on lookout.

Y/N: Come one sirens at least send a scouting plane, or something for me shoot at. Im so bored.

Kaga: Oh how about something to eat.

Kaga had actually sneaked up to Y/N, most likely from him being so bored.

Y/N: Oh Kaga, I thought you would be sleeping.

Kaga: And I thought you would be hungry.

Kaga had brought a tray with two bowls of food.

Y/N: Oh you shouldn't have, thank you.

The two of them sit on the deck, on the edge of the railing. Kaga has prepared some ramen for the both of them, and quite large bowls as well.

Y/N: Did you make this?

Kaga: Yes, you surprised?

Y/N: Well, I just never knew you cooked.

Y/N takes his first bite quickly eating it down.

Y/N: And a great on at that.

Kaga's face flushes but is well hidden from the darkness.

Y/N: Iv take it you'v meet some of my family.

Kaga nods.

Kaga: They... Have a lot of heart.

Y/N: You've only met three of them, there's still four more in that hell hole waiting for us.... Oh god Akia, has she said anything.

Back at Sundown.

Kaga, after leaving Y/N to be repaired has been fighting on the front lines for hours, that was until the commander gave the order for everyone to fall back for a siege during the night. 

Kaga sees Y/N over the railing, but before she can approach him Akia stops her.

Akia: Hello! 

Kaga stopped dead in her tracks taken back by the blue haired girl.

Akia: So your Kaga huh? My little brothers girlfriend.

Kaga's face blushes red when she hears her comment. Akia walks around Kaga, analyzing her to get a sense of what kind of person she is.

Akia: Mind if I ask you a few questions?

Kaga shakes her head. That's when Akia attacks her with questions, ranging from how the two of them fought against each other during the war, to what she might of done to B/N while he was captive. Kaga however dose not lose her ground and remains calm answer the rapid fire of questions Akia is asking her. Akia finishes her questions letting Kaga meet with Y/N.

Akia: This boy stands no chance against her.

Back to the sounds of eating ramen.

Kaga: N..No.

Y/N: Alright I know that's a lie. So she did say some stuff. Oh well I hope its wasn't anything to bad.

Kaga keeps Y/N company.

Unknown Soldier: Y/N you hearing me.

Y/N: Go for Y/N what you need.

Unknown Soldier: We just picked up something coming in on out port flank can you take a look at it.

Y/N: I hear you, standby for what I see.

Y/N aims his rifle to the port side of the fleet, seeing its three planes. Siren in appearance, three scout planes.

Y/N: Three scout planes from the sirens. Permission to shoot.

Unknown Soldier: Granted.

Y/N loads in a clip, and takes aim. Given the direction of the wind and the angle needed to shoot. His aim appears to be well off to the left of him, that is until he fires three quick shots. These three bullets hit their marks dead on, sending the siren planes into the ocean.

Y/N: Well I did ask for something to do. And Im bored again.

Kaga attempts to keep Y/N company that is until she falls a sleep and Y/N taking her back to her bed. He himself stays on look out until he quickly falls a sleep.

Gotta love miss clicking that save button into publish button when your tired.