Chapter 57

Y/N quickly rolls his body around, smoke trailing behind his back as he braces for impact. In the distance he can see a distinct yellow glow at the generals location.

Y/N: No way! Code G?! 

Y/N tucks Kaga close to him as his rigging turns back into mental cubes and begins to form around them, but so does Kaga's. Both ships mental cubes form around each other, the metal screeching apart as they clash together. Upon impact with the beach, any planes inside the hangers explode. As fire fills up the corridors and rooms, Y/N slams his back on the floor of his hull still shielding Kaga.

Kaga carefully gets up seeing Y/N laying there, as his body tries to get up.

Y/N: AHHH god damn it! He has Code G!

Kaga: You think?

Y/N: I know now, some of them appear to have it. But it was just rumors nothing else was ever concrete. 

Y/N pulls himself up, using the wall as support. Kaga tries to equip her rigging.

Y/N: NO STOP!

Kaga stops just as shes told.

Y/N: Our ships are clashing together, both of us are severely damaged. And to be honest, to damaged to continue.

Kaga: What are you saying.

Y/N: Abandon ship. Retribution's time has come to a close now.

Y/N pulls out the sword that Kaga had brought and hands it to her.

Y/N: You need to get your master cube, if that's destroyed you will die. Take the sword, you might need to cut through some metal.

Kaga tries to protest about going alone, leaving Y/N in this state.

Y/N: KAGA GO! We don't have time for this.

Kaga takes the sword and heads to her ship, Y/N takes a few deep breaths and quickly punches his arm hard. Getting his mind off of the pain of his ship being ripped apart. He gets up and makes his way to his engine room, finding the engins are about to go critical. 

Y/N: Come on Retribution, don't quit on me yet.

Y/N stands at a terminal mashing buttons to get it to respond.

Y/N: Come on, there's time for this Retribution! COME ON!!

Finally the controls begin to respond, and with even hesitation Y/N begins to input commands. First getting the black box into its transport case. A metal claw carefully grabbing the black box, the metal already beginning to glow red from how much its been used recently. 

Next up, a series of inputs that only Y/N knows. Followed by a hand scan to verify the command. In the center of the floor, a machine begins to rise. At the center of it, a large glowing mental cube, hooked up to wires. The cube trying to send signals to the rest of the ship, only to find the machines being not responsive.

Wire by wire, bit by bit. Y/N removes the wires until the cube is finally detached from Retribution, with the lights going out. Only the engines are active now. With sweet relief, Y/N can no longer feel his ship's metal ripping apart, or the fire in the hangers. Placing both cubes into a duffel bag he grabbed on his way here.

Meanwhile outside...

Cloakers: General, there are no signs that the two of them have left yet. Shall we enter the remains.

⏃⍀⏁⟒⋔⎍⌇: No, that ship is about to explode but just to make sure.

The general takes aim with his rifle, aiming right at the overloading engines on Retribution. He loads in one cartridge, his own visor scanning the hull of the Retribution. Twisting knobs on the rifle until its ready to fire. 

A loud bang can be heard as the shot penetrates the hull, and hits the engines. Exploding upon impact, the two ships splitting into two. Two half's being blown further onto the land, while the other two sink into the ocean.

⏃⍀⏁⟒⋔⎍⌇ just fly's in the air, keeping his eyes out for any other movement. Until hes certain about his kill.

⏃⍀⏁⟒⋔⎍⌇: The empress really is a pathetic being. Being severely damaged by that child, how the royal line has fallen.

Claoker: Sir, surely you don't mean that.

⏃⍀⏁⟒⋔⎍⌇ says nothing and returns back to his territory. 

July, 18th 1950

B/N has visited the memorial statue that was built for Y/N and Kaga. Today being his and his brothers birthday.

B/N: Happy birthday brother...

B/N pouring a glass of whisky in front of the statue, but then having Zuihō jump on his back while Shōhō grabbing his pants a tugging on it for his attention.

Zuihō: Happy birthday uncle!!

Shōhō: Happy birthday..

Shōhō says shyly.

B/N spins around throwing Zuihō up and catching her while picking up Shōhō.

B/N: Thank you, now what are my two favorite nieces doing today.

Zuihō: Were your only nieces Uncle.

B/N: But that still makes you two my favorites.

 Shōhō: Tell us about Mom and Papa again.

Zuihō looks annoyed at that request.

B/N: Oh again? Well ill be glad to-

Just then, B/N is called to the commanders office. B/N sighs.

B/N: I will tell you about them again when I get back.

B/N gives the two of them a big hug before setting them down, making his way to the commanders office.

B/N: One of these days commander, your gonna learn to not send me on a mission on my birthday. You remember that fortress.

Commander Sheppard can only smile, his mustache growing quite well now.

Sheppard: Yes, well, this assignment is going to be special. 

Sheppard hands B/N some photos, their blurry but you can make out most of whats in them.

B/N: Ok ill bite what am I suppose to be looking at here?

Sheppard: We have received words that the sirens have sent new types of ships. If you look closely you can see they look rather different. Even their mass produced ships. 

B/N looks at the more close up photos seeing some kinda of sigil on the side of one of these new ships. 

B/N: Im sensing a but coming on.

Sheppard: But... Unlike most other encounters, where the sirens will leave to god knows where. These have been holding their position here.

Sheppard pulls out a map, and points to the South-West of the base. Nearly a full days away.

B/N: So you want me to go and confront these unknown sirens and eliminate them if possible. If that's the case, Im gonna need the following to join me on this. Akagi, Prinz Eugen, Washington and North Carolina. And who ever you can scrape up to fill in the light cruisers and destroyer roles would be great.

Sheppard, being shocked at how B/N knew who he had in mind to go with him can only agree.

Sheppard: Well you have your orders, ill see who I can get ready with in the hour. Now go get ready yourself. 

B/N: Yes Sir.