Thanksgiving Special

November 27, 1946.

With thanks giving only days away, the ships that can cook are rapidly preparing. Y/N in particular is trying to make the Sakura Empire girls more at home by making more traditional meals for them. Atago and Zuikaku have been helping him with the taste testing, and after many many gutted fish and seaweed, hes finally gotten the some items hes happy with.

Y/N: Finally, I can take a break.

Y/N finishes the items that were not to pleasing to him and decides to rest in the common room. Akagi and Kaga have returned from their commission mission. They heard Y/N went somewhere to get some rest, Akagi went to his room while Kaga went to the common room. There she saw Y/N, about to fall a sleep sitting up. Kage tries to help Y/N up but he actually pulls her onto the couch with him.

Y/N: Im not a sleep yet... Just let me use your lap for a bit.

Y/N laying down, using Kaga's lap as a pillow. Within the months of these two being together, Kaga has been more open and more relaxed and happy. 

Kaga: Have you been preparing food since we left?

Y/N: Yes, lots of experimenting. Trial and Error and now iv finally got something Im happy with.

Kaga: What are you gonna make?

Before Kaga can get her answer Y/N has fallen asleep, a very deep sleep at that. With how peaceful its been even Kaga falls a sleep. After Y/N's deep nap, he wakes up before Kaga. Feeling slightly bad that shes stayed with him while he slept like that, he picks her up gently and carries her to her own bedroom. 

Y/N spends the rest of the day cleaning and final preparations for tomorrow.

November 28, 1946.

As everyone at the base enters the well decorated Canteen. The commander is making sure all the final touches are ready. Everyone has gone into there own family and friends circle, all eagerly waiting for the food, the only exception are the Royal Navy maids. Once everyone is seated Commander Sheppard grabs a glass and dings his silverware on the edge to get everyone's attention

Sheppard: While I am aware that most other nations do not celebrate Thanksgiving, that dose not mean we should exclude this event from others. So I wanted to say thank you all for joining. Within this year alone, we made amazing strife's in our jobs. We also, as Im sure we all are, thankful for our family and friends. Lastly before we begin with the meals I ask that we all give a moment of silence for the ones who can not join us, and those who are in an eternal slumber.

Everyone lowers their heads for this moment. 

Sheppard: Now please enjoy the meal that your comrades have prepared for you.

The doors around the canteen open, and the royal maids walk in with all the food that is prepared. To some of the girls, are surprised that some of meals prepared are traditional to their native homeland. Through out the day, every laughs, shares memories and enjoys themselves in this day of peace.

All of Azur Lane: HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!