A True Friend

Lucy was the most popular girl at school. She had many friends and was always voted as the class rep. She was always choosen to sing the school song in special events, she was a playground monitor and she even looks prettier than all the other girls in the class. 

There was one thing that wasn't good about her, she's rude and a spoilt brat. People can only be her friend if they give her any pink things like pink toys or be able to draw nice pictures of her. 

Nicole wished to be Lucy's friend. But, there was no way that she can be. She didn't have anything pink and she was not a very good drawer so she cannot draw nice pictures of her. 

One day in the playground, Nicole saw Lucy in tears sitting on a bench. 

"What's the matter, Lucy?" Nicole asked feeling concerned. 

"No-othing." Lucy muttered. 

"Well you are crying, so there must be something wrong with you." Nicole said with more concern as she put her arm around Lucy. 

"All my friends told me that they don't want to be my friend anymore and they don't want me to be the class rep. Instead, they will vote for Kimberly." Lucy sobbed rubbing her eyes as she finally answered. 

"If they don't want to be your friend, you can be friends with me." Nicole smiled happily. "Being popular is not always the best, things change at times." 

Lucy took a while to decide if she wanted to be Nicole's friend.

"Of course, I would love to be your friend. Thank you Nicole, you have many friends right?" 

"Not really," Nicole replied. "I choose my friends carefully. Having one or two friends is good enough too." 

Nicole and Lucy took each others' hands and became friends. 

Moral: Having lots of friends does not mean that you will have lots of friends forever.