My Sister Elena

I have a five-year-old adopted sister named Elena. My parents are usually very busy so as the big brother, I had to always look after her. Every day, I even had to deal with Elena's dinner. 

Elena was allergic to many types of food. So she is very picky with food. She cannot eat eggs, prawns, crab, lobster, nuts, chocolate, fruit skins, fish and cupcake icing. She was even a vegan. 

I did not know what to make but I know every day in restaurants, visiting grandparents; Elena would always order baked potatoes with curry sauce. Even when the restaurant does not have it, Elena would eat either potatoes or a curry.

An Indian friend of Mum's gave her a recipe to make baked potatoes with curry sauce for Elena. I always read it then rapidly learnt it. 

"Hey Elena," I asked, "we have some tuna in the fridge. Do you want baked potatoes with tuna and curry sauce?" 

"Anything with curry sauce or potatoes is the best!" Elena smiled, "Ted is the best!" 

Elena always answers me with "Ted is the best!"

I then started to make her dinner. Finally, the food was finished. Elena was very excited so she sat on a chair then began to eat. 

Elena was eating the potatoes. She then took one bite of the tuna. Suddenly, she fell to the floor. 

"ELENA!" I screamed, "are you okay?" 

Elena wasn't breathing. I panicked and felt her heart. 

"Open your eyes! Please, it's your big brother!" I yelled. 

Oh no! I needed to tell Mum and Dad!

They finally arrived home. I immediately told them what was going on with Elena: 

"Elena's not breathing! She collapsed to the floor!" I panicked with a burst. 

Dad felt her heart. 

"We need to take her to a hospital right away!" Dad yelled. 

Mum was holding onto the collapsed Elena as Dad was driving us to a hospital. He began to interact with a doctor. 

"This is your daughter, right? She is declared dead. Her heart is not pumping and she is not taking in any oxygen." The doctor said. 

"This is all my fault," I cried, 'I'm sorry Elena. I shouldn't have given you tuna." 

I thought my parents were mad at me as I nearly burst into tears.

"It's not your fault. Elena is allergic to many things. Due to her food allergies, she was born like that. Now we better start preparing her funeral." Mum replied. 

That was the past of Elena. 

Moral: Be careful with doing anything