Mia Mirabelle

Mia Mirabelle was the prettiest girl in the school and many people wanted to be her friend. They always look up to her and blush when they see her. She was very tall, had lovely long blonde curly hair that reaches her hips and always walks with a good posture. However, she could sometimes be serious especially with her studies and can easily get upset if she's not with her friends. Mia always persuades her friends  for example to throw a party on her birthday  and go to her house on the days she says so. 

One day, Mia was walking down the lockers area. Christie who was Mia's best friend had her brown hair down with a clip at the back said: "Mia! You look prettier than before! I wish that I was as pretty as you!"

"Thank you so much, Christie. Make sure you get EVERYONE to admire me. Admire my lovely looks, because I am the prettiest girl ever!" Mia bragged conceitedly. 

One of Mia's classmates, Cedric with flat brown hair overheard her. He turned and said "why would you say that Mia? There are other pretty girls in the school. You are just one of them." 

"Well Cedric....." Mia proudly spoke. "Everyone admires me and I am super popular. Everyone loves me. All students and all teachers..." 

Near to Mia, there was another classmate, Beth had with orange hair tied in a ponytail. Mia disgustingly blurted out: "Look at Beth! She's a freak that's full of curls!" 

Christie frowned at Mia, "Mia, what kind of talk is this? How rude of you to say that? You have curls too."

"Christie! I thought you are my best friend!" Mia shouted angrily to her, "everyone admires my looks and you certainly should never compare my curls with Beth's at all." 

Other students blushed from behind when they saw Mia. 

"Mia is so pretty! I want to see her!" Everyone squealed. 

Mia tried to move away from Beth but since Mia was in most of Beth's classes and allocated to sit together it would be difficult to do so.  Every day of school, Mia would say unkind and insulting things to Beth like 'She's so smelly. How sorry am I to be stuck with her." 

Beth never got upset and strongly advised to Mia: "I was just born like that. Everyone comes from Earth." 

When it was October, the school had a Halloween party involving a costume competition and for the first time this year each student must make the costume themselves and the winner gets to take home a precious golden trophy. 

On the day of the party, everyone came dressed in their Halloween costumes. Beth came dressed as a fairy. She sewed a white dress and creatively made a pattern by stitching the bottom together. Beth cut out the wings with blue cloth all by herself and attached it to the dress. When Beth entered all the students including Christie who dressed up as a leopard crowded around her. 

Mia overheard everyone complimenting Beth about her costume. 

"Beth can make a costume?" She jealously said to herself, "that does not make sense. Everyone seems to be having fun!" Mia was only wearing a witch hat. She just had to get Christie. 

"Christie," Mia bellowed her. "Come, let's talk outside." 

"Why don't you want to join the fun with us?" Christie asked. 

"I just like being outside." Mia lied. 

Christie followed her. 

"I never knew that Beth could make a good costume. I can't even make one. I have a bad feeling that she could be the winner." Mia whispered. 

"Well, she made the fairy costume all by herself. She learnt how to make costumes since she was three because her mother is a clothing designer. Everyone is actually curious on how she did it." Christie smiled, "do you want to see Beth's costume?" 

Mia hesitated for a while: "I guess I could but just for a while...." 

Later on, the winner of the costume competition was announced. The winner was Beth. Beth won the trophy. Everybody clapped for her. 

Mia felt so ashamed to see Beth holding the trophy while people pay attention to her achievement. Mia just had ask Beth to teach her how to make the Halloween costume. Beth kindly smiled and agreed. Next year, the competition came again. Mia immediately made the costume of a butterfly by herself and won it. 

Moral: Never judge on people by their looks