Problems

Sophie had friends that could help her when she have problems. However, Sophie frequently had problems which sometimes annoyed her friends. Sophie gets upset in class when her teacher Ms Penelope does not make her work with any of her friends though she was encouraged to work with other people than just her friends. She would cry when she loses something and when she is just one minute late to class. Sophie however isn't popular but her poor friends have to keep listening to all her ranting and problems.

One lunchtime in the playground, three boys were teasing Sophie. She did not like it so she began to burst into tears and sob. She then went to look for her friends to help stop the boys from teasing and following her. 

Sophie first saw her friend, Cather and approached her. 

"Cather," she sniffed, "there are boys that are teasing me. Can you help me stop the boys from doing it?" 

"Sorry Sophie, I can't. I have football training and I need to get changed." Cather replied, "you are really full of tears." 

Sophie cried even more and saw her friend, Rita. 

"Rita!" Sophie panicked, "the boys are teasing me. They keep calling me names. Can you stop them? You are my friend." 

"Sorry Sophie, I am your friend. But, I have a Student Council meeting and I mustn't be late." Rita answered, "your eyes are really red." 

Sophie gasped more and more tears dropped down. The boys were laughing at her because she was crying more than usual. She then bumped into her other friend, Alyssa. 

"Sophie, you don't seem fine. I really want to help you, but I have choir rehearsal!" Alyssa said. 

"Alyssa, the boys are chasing me! I need your help!" Sophie gasped. 

More tears streamed down Sophie's face. The boys would continue with the name calling. She then asked her two other friends Mia and Ana but they had to edit their film on events that happened in the school for media club. Sophie cried more as she dropped down to her knees. She could not stop her sobbing on the boys' teasing. 

"She is such a crybaby." One of the boys jeered.

"What an ugly weep!" the other boys giggled.

Sophie asked all her friends but they were busy during lunchtime. Sophie then cried harder and eventually a puddle of tears. She suddenly bumped into her teacher Ms Penelope who asked her to sit with her on the playground. 

Ms Penelope had a serious talk with Sophie that crying does not help when she always have problems. There is always a way to solve it. Sophie gasped more so Ms Penelope put her arm around her and was rubbing her harder. 

"The boys are teasing me and I asked all my friends to help me but they wouldn't..." Sophie blubbered. 

"Well, you need to really solve your own problems and you only ask for help if you need it, Sophie. You shouldn't just ask others straight away so take some deep breaths and think of some solutions to stop the teasing." Ms Penelope advised. 

Sophie went to the library to read a book and the boys stopped teasing her.

Moral: When you have a problem, you should try and solve it yourself first and if you can't ask for help