Bad Temper

It was Saturday, Jessica was watching TV and eating crisps. She was watching her favourite TV programme which was cartoons and fairies. 

Jessica was chomping the crisps up. Mum then came to the living room and told her that she has to do her homework in five minutes. 

Five minutes later, she was still watching TV. Jessica was laughing very loudly. 

"Jessica," Mum reminded, "remember what I said! You need to do your homework now!"

Jessica pretended that she did not hear it. She continued to laugh out loud. She was lying down on the floor, rolling around and giggling. 

Another five minutes, Mum came in. Jessica sat closer to the TV. 

"Jessica!" Mum shouted, "I said you do your homework. I said that five minutes ago but ten minutes is passed already! You are even too close to the TV!" 

Jessica did not care even when Mum shouted. She was just lying down and watching TV. Mum got really annoyed so she grabbed the remote and turned the TV off. 

Jessica suddenly yelled and kicked her pillows. She even threw her toys at the TV. Mum was very angry. 

"Jessica! I said you do your homework, you did not listen to me!" Mum bellowed. 

"I want to watch TV!" Jessica was screaming and she was crying very loudly.

Dad was alarmed by this and went to the living room to see what happened. 

"Jessica! You need to listen to Mum! You are very naughty! No more TV for the rest of the day!" Dad yelled. 

Jessica stomped to her room closing the door loudly. She was crying with an outburst of anger and frustration. 

Mum and Dad came in sitting at each side of their angry daughter. 

"Jessica," Mum said, "I know you are mad. But, I am your parent. I am doing a job because you have homework to do. You can watch TV once you finished it." 

"And you need to listen." Dad added, "if someone asks you to do something you do it." 

Jessica learns to be more obedient and apologised to her parents for doing what she did. 

Moral: Always listen to your parents and if you are asked to do something, you do it.