Hannah and The New Student

There was a new student joining Hannah's class who had long blonde hair and blue eyes, standing next to her class teacher Miss Williams.

"Good morning class," Miss Williams greeted. "We have a new student today, she is quite shy so I would like you all to be very nice and welcoming to her." 

"Hey Miss Williams," Hannah shouted out, "can I look after her please?" 

"Well, Hannah." Miss Williams replied, "you will be the right person to do so, because you both will have a lot in common. Both got long blonde hair, blue eyes and one more thing, our new student is called Hannah." 

Hannah looked surprised and puzzled, "wait, her name is Hannah too?" 

Miss Williams nodded. "That's right, Hannah. So Hannah, why don't you sit next to Hannah and she'll look after you?" 

"Thanks Miss." Hannah the new student responded as she sat on the seat right next to Hannah.

Miss Williams started the lesson by asking the students what the date is today where both Hannahs' raised their hands up then suddenly called their names. 

"It is Thursday the 28th of March." The Hannahs' said together. 

The class laughed and everyone wondered why were there two voices at the same time and not one. 

"Well ladies," Miss Williams said glancing at the Hannahs', "I guess there is a slight confusion with the name and who I call out so therefore, if I say "Hannah 1" it will be you because you've been a pupil here for a long time and if I say "Hannah 2" it will be the new student." 

"The Hannah I have asked to give me today's date was Hannah 2." Miss Williams clarified. 

Hannah 1 gave a big sigh. "But Miss Williams, you said "Hannah". My name is Hannah." 

"Yes, Hannah. I don't want you mixed up with the new student so that is why I will call you Hannah 1." Miss Williams replied. 

Finally, school was over. Hannah 1 got home feeling unhappy. 

"How was school, today?" Mum asked her. 

She had her head down.

"What happened?" Mum questioned feeling concerned. 

"There's a new student who joined my class called Hannah. But, my name is Hannah." Hannah responded sadly. "Everyone seems to pay so much attention to her than me. I'm the only Hannah here." 

"Sweetie," Mum said, "Hannah is such a popular name and if there are other people that use it or called the same name as you, it means people like that name." 

Hannah  grunted then asked Dad if he knew anybody in the world that is also called Hannah. 

"Hannah is a very popular and it's a lovely name. Any name in the world is allowed to be for more than one person. Just like you call me "Dad". A lot of people call their fathers "Dad". Dad responded. 

"But, there was a new student called Hannah today and everyone is starting to be friendlier to her than me." Hannah answered unhappily. 

The next few days of school, Hannah felt more blue that everyone seems to be paying more attention to Hannah 2 than. 

"Hey Hannah," Isabella smiled. "Do you want to go on the swing?" 

"Yes!" Hannah 1 responded. "Thank you, Isabella!" 

"That was supposed to be for Hannah 2." Isabella answered, "I should have said Hannah 2." 

Hannah 2 looked happy while Hannah 1 did not.