Too Little To Go Hiking?

Evie was getting ready to go on her girl guide hike, which she enormously could not wait for. For the first time ever, her little sister Thea was going to join her. Thea loved hiking as she has done it with her brownie friends before. As she got older, she found it really boring having to be with the younger girls. Now, Thea was allowed to be part of the girl guides as her age was old enough for it.

It was time for the girl guide hike. The girls gathered around to meet the leader Chloe. 

"Hello girl guides, so we have Imogen, Mackenzie, Maria and Evie." Chloe announced. 

"Yes, Chloe." The girls replied back in sync. 

"And also my sister Thea is joining us. She was a brownie before and went hiking with them many times. She would like to try hiking with girl guides." Evie smiled. 

Chloe looked pleased while all the other girls did not. 

"Seriously Evie?" Imogen asked disapprovingly. "You know this hike is for girl guides, I mean big girl guides. She's too little to go and she might cause disasters." 

"Totally agreed Imogen," Mackenzie said following her. "I think a brownies' hike is okay, but a girl guides' hike maybe too tough for Thea as it will be quite long some parts of the trail could be rough and it can be very exhausting. I'm not sure if she can keep up with that." 

"Yeah," Maria nodded bluntly, "she may have hiked before but never with girl guides. Having somebody younger to hike with us may slow the hike down and not get everything done." 

Thea was the looking a little unhappy. 

"But, I hiked many times with the brownies and I am ALWAYS ahead with it. I think I will be quite capable with it, in fact there were often hikes, walks and even camps." Thea answered. "I am very, very excited to hike with you." 

"Thea is great fun, guys. I promise she will not cause anything wrong or make it boring. She LOVES hiking and has had everything prepared for it for a very long time." Evie explained protecting her sister. 

"Well Evie, why don't you look after Thea during the hike. It is a delight for you to join us, Thea!" Chloe beamed at her. 

"Yes, Chloe!" Evie obeyed, "I promise it will be great for everyone." 

"Okay, she should join us!" Imogen finally accepted. "Maybe she knows everything and can help us when we are stuck." 

"Yeah, Thea is so sweet. I like your backpack." Mackenzie acknowledged. "How about you, Maria?" 

"Fine," Maria hesitated, "but as long as she doesn't do any silly things and does not ruin the hike and embarrass us." 

The girl guides started their hike. On the trail, there was a steep river to get across and since there were no bridges, there was a tightrope swing to get across. Chloe, Imogen, Mackenzie, Maria and Evie got across without failure. However, when it was Thea's turn she was stuck on the tightrope for a very long time. The girls panicked. 

"Oh no!" Mackenzie gasped, "Thea is going to fall in!"

"I think she seems to struggle with it, let me get you, Thea!" Imogen panicked. 

"I can do it! Let me pull my hand out!" Thea called to her, anxiously. 

Thea and Imogen stretched their arms for each other. But, it was too far for them to reach. Evie had an idea to ask her sister to jump down and she will catch her. When Thea did that, it was a fail as she was about to fall in the river. 

"HELP!!!" Thea screamed, "I'm going to fall!" 

Thea and Imogen hurriedly grabbed Thea arms and managed to get her on land.