Student Genius

Pauline was an intelligent student. She kept on getting A*'s in all her subjects. She studies every day and always did extra work by herself. Pauline was always obsessed  and was such a keen learner in all subjects. Recently the students at school did an exam to see who represents the school to join the Student Genius Competition which is like an inter-school competition where 7 different schools in a country compete by answering many questions for a range of school subjects and instead of writing the answer down the students would have to speak the answer into a microphone. This will be the first time the Student Genius Competition will take place in England. Pauline really hoped that she will be selected and its selected by the principal and all the Head of Subject teachers. They all had a meeting to check on which student got the highest score for the Student Genius exam and who should represent it. 

The next day, Pauline was just about to walk to her first class. She heard a voice behind her calling her name. She looked back and it was the principal Mrs. Thomson who had a big smile on her face with her glamorous white teeth sticking out. 

"PAULINE!!!! THERE YOU ARE!!!!!" Mrs. Thomson called smiling at Pauline. "I just want to congratulate you to say that you will be representing the whole school for the Student Genius Competition! You will be against 6 different secondary schools and will be answering lots of questions for each school subject. The whole school is going to watch you and we will cheer you on!" 

"Really?" Pauline smiled with delight. "Thank you very much, Mrs. Thomson. This is such an honour. It's really a dream come true!" 

"Definitely. You are going to get announced in the following assembly and the whole school will know all about it. This wouldn't only happen but you get to pick your own dress for the school representative and you will be attending lots of training sessions as the competition will happen in 3 weeks from now." Mrs. Thomson explained in a very happy voice. "You even get to earn your personal name badge to say you represent the school and all the Head of Subject teachers are wanting to know more about you by asking you to be interviewed by them." 

"Thank you so much, Mrs. Thomson. This is so exciting! I honestly never thought this will happen and I am already bursting about this!" Pauline replied. 

Pauline thought to herself; 'this is such a dream and I can't believe I'm part of the competition.' 

On Friday, Mrs. Thomson went on stage and Pauline was standing beside her feeling proud. 

"This young lady Pauline Dixon who's standing next to me," Mrs. Thomson announced, "is going to be the representative for the school on the Student Genius Competition which will happen in 3 weeks from now as she achieved the highest score for the exams within the school in all subject areas." 

The whole load of applause was happening as Pauline was thanking the school so much. She even said that she felt speechless and said that she couldn't really say how she felt with being selected for the Student Genius Competition out of thousands of students. 

In the end, her friends Amy, Crystal and Emma went up to her: 

"Congratulations Pauline!" Amy smiled giving her friend a hug. 

"Pauline, we are so happy for you!" Crystal exclaimed with a huge smile. 

Emma was even crying with joy over Pauline's big achievement. 

"Thank you so much. I'm so delighted about this." Pauline said.  "This is so unbelievable! There is way more to it.  I will get to pick my own dress for the school representative." 

"That's so cool," Amy commented. 

"Also I will be attending lots of training sessions." Pauline smiled even more.