Homework

"Did you do your Science homework, Katie?" Megan asked her friend.

"No, I haven't." Katie answered sadly. 

"You never do your homework," Megan laughed. "You will get into trouble by Mr. Smith. He's really strict." 

But, Katie had excuses. She had to look after her younger siblings as they were only two and four. While her mum works until 10pm and her dad works until 11 which was even later than her mum's. It was so sad and depressing for Katie especially when she goes to bed at 10pm. 

"Look at my homework, I always do my homework and I get gold stars, just because the teachers think that it's so good." Megan said arrogantly showing off her homework with neat handwriting and colours to Katie on one side of the sheet. "I am going get another one today!" 

It was class time, Mr. Smith was collecting everyone's homework. Katie explained her excuses to him for not doing it. 

"I never do my homework, Mr. Smith. Does that mean that I will get into trouble?" She asked almost in tears. 

Megan at the back was grinning and smirking and telling others in the class that her friend never does her homework. 

Instead of a tell off, Mr. Smith felt sad with all of Katie's excuses and sorry for her that she didn't have time to do it. 

When Katie finished her conversation with Mr. Smith, Megan was making rude faces at her. There was a sudden shock.

"Megan Briggs!" He called, Megan looked at her homework and realized she had not done it. She admitted that the homework was supposed to be on both sides of the sheet and she just did one!  

Moral: Before handing in your homework, ensure that you have done EVERYTHING the teacher asked you to do.