Special Guests

Erica wanted to invite a friend to have tea at her house. Her best friends are Alice and Clara, but she does not who to invite as these two do not get along. If Erica invites one, the other will be mad. 

One day, Erica was walking down the street. She heard a voice from behind. 

"Erica!" the voice called turning out to be Alice, "are you going to invite me to have tea at your place?" 

Erica thought for a moment. Suddenly, another voice was heard. 

"Erica! Invite me to tea. I am your best friend, aren't I?" That was Clara. 

Erica sighed while her friends kept asking, persuading and bickering. 

"Guys, please calm down and stop!" Erica barked. 

"You have to pick!" Alice yelled toughly.

"You must invite me!" Clara persuaded aggressively. 

The two girls were really giving Erica so much pressure on who to choose for tea. She went away to think about who to invite. Suddenly, an idea popped into her mind. She will invite both girls and be her special guests but wouldn't let them know she invited the other. 

Erica wrapped a small gift for each friend before they come in and hopes that this will make the two get along. 

"Hello Erica!" the girls greeted at the same time. Not noticing one was there, they immediately glared at each other. 

"Hey you! What are you doing here? She invited me!" Alice shouted at Clara. 

"No! She invited me, how did you get here?" Clara argued back angrily.

The girls fought again.

"Now, now you two. Please stop arguing!" Erica said softly touching each of their shoulders. "I have a gift for both of you and I am sure you are going to admire it." She gave the wrapped present.

Clara and Alice opened it and both got confused on it.

"What is it?" Clara questioned Erica. 

"It's a ball. Bounce it and you will see what happens." Erica replied.

Alice bounced the ball and whispered,  "it's magic!" 

"Alice," Clara approached her, "I'm so sorry for what I did. I remembered how we used to be best friends. We promised to go to school together one day and you waited for me under a tree. I did too under another one, then Erica approached you and you decided to walk together, then I saw the two of you chatting and I got really mad." 

"It's not your fault Clara," Alice smiled. "I should have gone to school with you. I also wanted to go to school with you, but you did it with Erica and I got really annoyed." 

"I'm so pleased to see the two of you making up now. Why don't we have tea altogether?" Erica said feeling happy. 

The three girls enjoyed their tea and lived happily ever after.

Moral: It is important to owe up even if you think you did nothing wrong.