Ian and his Promise

Ian, Janice and Bill were watching a cooking show on TV, they watched a cook making chocolate pizza which made the three of them really hungry. 

"I would want to eat some of this chocolate pizza." Ian smiled at his friends. 

"So do I!" Janice replied, "maybe we should make the chocolate pizza." 

"Good idea," Bill agreed. "Why don't we get started tomorrow?!" 

The trio was about to make chocolate pizza. However, they found out that they didn't have enough money to buy the ingredients to make it. So they made a promise that if any of them eats and finds out about chocolate pizza, that person will inform the other two friends about where to get and eat it. They shook hands and remembered this promise.

One day, Ian transferred to a new school which left Bill and Janice only as a pair in his old school. Ian's new teacher was taking the class on a day trip. They went to a restaurant called 'Choco Train' where food was made of chocolate; chocolate pancakes, waffles, pizza, cupcakes, cakes and ice cream. Ian really enjoyed the trip as when he saw there was chocolate pizza, he ordered and ate it. That reminded Ian's promise with his old friends about letting them know where to get chocolate pizza. But, deep inside he didn't really promise them. Ian didn't want to let them know because he made lots of friends in his new school that he should forget about the old friends. 

"The past is the past." Ian thought to himself, "why would I care about Janice and Bill!? They are just plain old friends from the past!" 

Almost every weekend, Ian would go to Choco Train to order the chocolate pizza. He even became a member of the restaurant. A few weeks later after his class trip to Choco Train, he got a letter and that was from his friends Janice and Bill: 

Dear Ian, 

How are you? How's your new school? We have both been missing you so much. I hope you will be able to read this and write to us soon. School now is fine but every day we would talk about you. 

We have said "hi" to everyone for you as well as Ms. Ticky. She has missed you too and wanted to know how you are getting on. 

Also, do you remember our promise when we were watching a cook make chocolate pizza on TV? Neither of us has eaten chocolate pizza yet. Have you? The promise was to let us know when and where you find the chocolate pizza once you did it. 

Love Janice and Bill 

Ian was suddenly very unsure about this. He didn't want to let his friends know the truth so he just chucked it away and didn't lift a finger to write to them back. 

As days went by, Ian soon felt that he was missing his old friends too. He still goes to Choco Train to get the chocolate pizza and kept on going back to the promise though he wanted to forget about it. But, it was impossible for him. He was holding on to the letter from them. 

Suddenly, Bill and Janice arrived at his house and saw Ian in tears alone. 

"Don't cry, Ian." Janice smiled cheering him up. "We knew how much you were missing us. We miss you too." 

"Yeah, we came here because you haven't written to us yet and want to know how you get on," Bill added. 

"Thank you guys for coming and I miss you too!" Ian beamed happily at his friends. In his mind, was the promise again. "I definitely remembered our promise. I didn't have any chocolate pizza yet." 

Ian then felt innocent about this as it wasn't true. But, Bill and Janice looked suspicious. 

"Ian," Janice asked with suspicion, "I have noticed you gained some weight since the last time we saw you and you always told us about new restaurants and what food is there."