Sick Caroline

Caroline wasn't feeling well today. She was coughing, sneezing and had a high fever. Mum reccomended her to not go to school and instead to see the doctor. But Caroline hated doctors, because she was worried that they would give her bitter medicine and injections.

"But I love school!" Caroline exclaimed happily, "can I please go to school? Maya will have nobody to play with."

"Well Sweetheart, you are not feeling well. So you shouldn't go to school, I'm sure Maya have other friends to play with too." Mum said. "Instead we should see the doctor."

"I hate doctors, they give bitter medicine and injections. Why don't I wear a mask to school so that I could see her?" Caroline suggested.

"But you can spread germs and the school said that if you are not well you should stay at home." Mum adviced. "By the way I will make some noodles and I'm sure you will feel better."

"Ok...." Caroline nodded. "But just a bit."

Mum just finished making noodles. Caroline ate a bit and all of a sudden she coughed and sneezed more and more. Her fever got even higher than usual. Her fever was 40.5, it was a very high fever. Suddenly, the phone was ringing. Mum picked the phone and gave it to Caroline.

"Caroline, it's Maya." The phone said. "I was looking for you at school today and I haven't seen you all day, so why weren't you at school?

"I was sick." Caroline replied, "I was sneezing, coughing and had a high fever. I was worried that you had nobody to play with."

"I actually ended up playing basketball with Kelsey and Lily. Kelsey is really nice but lily's mean. Lily kept on bragging how good she is in basketball and whenever I miss a shot she would laugh at me.  I hope you feel better so you can come to school tomorrow." Maya said sadly.

"Mum made me some noodles and once I ate them my fever increased and I coughed and sneezed more and more. So I don't think I will be at school tomorrow." Caroline answered. "I'm sorry you will have to play with them again. I hope Lily will be nice like Kelsey tomorrow "

Maya sighed and hoped that Caroline come to school the day after.

Mum was gardening so Caroline had an idea, she knew that Mum wouldn't let her have any of her medicine. So Caroline sneaked into Mum's room to get the sweet medicine. Caroline drank it all and thought it was sweet.

After a few hours, Caroline realized that she was allergic to the medicine as her face looked like a pumpkin and had red rash all over herself. Mum felt really shocked and immediately took Caroline to see the doctor.

Caroline apologized to her mum for not listening to her when she had to see the doctor and will promise her mum that she will see the doctor when she is unwell.

Moral: When you are unwell, see the doctor.