The Lazy Student

Naomi is a Year 11 student studying IGCSEs in an international school in Japan. She really wants to go to a boarding school in the UK so her parents helped her applied to five different boarding schools but she must get at least 5 A*-C grades if she wants to study in the schools she is applying to. She passed all the interviews though. Naomi thinks that IB is too demanding so she decided on A-levels instead. 

There was however an issue about Naomi. Naomi's school grades are below her average. She got a G grade for her past English Literature essay and she got the lowest score in her past few math tests. Naomi does not actually study herself. She just goes on social media and watch My Little Pony videos every day. Her parents even make her study but Naomi wouldn't. Naomi's parents would not be happy with her if she does not pass her tests or revise for her exams. Naomi would make excuses saying: 'I just had a lot of work to do.' 'I don't feel like working at times.' But they were just too weak. 

Naomi's IGCSEs were about to happen soon but she would still be going on social media and watch My Little Pony. 

"Naomi," her mum said, "if you want to go to boarding school then you need to really pass your IGCSEs and get 5 A*-C grades." 

"If you don't study, you will fail and not get into boarding school." Her dad bellowed. 

Naomi sighed. She really enjoyed her social media and the My Little Pony videos. She just did not care about her studying.

When Naomi was doing her IGCSEs for each subject, she got so nervous and was shaking like a leaf. She just found it so difficult and wrote whatever she wants to the questions. 

It was now the time for the IGCSE results. She was panicking and muttering to herself saying that she would fail. When she got it, she did not get 5 Cs. She didn't even get a single C. All her results were D-G grades. Now Naomi could not get into her boarding schools and ended up working as a waitress in her dad's restaurant. 

Moral: To get something you want, you need to take some action. Nobody would spoon-feed you.