186: The House That Built Me

"Klaus," MJ called out, "I promise you I'm fine."

She knew it was a vague message, but she needed to focus. And if she hadn't said anything, he might've gotten distracted, then hurt.

"Get me five minutes!"

He was walking towards Dahlia, the remaining temporary minions firing magic with the skill of someone who'd been practising for centuries. Ten centuries. Dahlia had practically duplicated herself thanks to them.

MJ relaxed.

She saw Mikael returning to his feet, momentarily looking at her as she closed her eyes and started to mutter. A very specific knife materialised in her hand, instantly making precise cuts up her arm.

Klaus and he made eye contact, then nodded.

"Suflet Jaryakat Dumi Porvo Vesthat," MJ's words were soft and quick, "Daryeet Acza. Domo Etha Ani Oio Thomo."

They began to snap necks, people flying into furniture again, knocked out, so Dahlia had no choice but to face them herself. The only problem? There were a lot of minions, and their witch, MJ, was up to something she hadn't even tried to explain beyond an assurance that she needed a bit of time.

"Suflet Jaryakat Dumi Porvo Vesthat."

Mikael was the first to feed on a minion, trying to regain some strength as another spell kicked in. Klaus quickly followed suit as the blood meant Dahlia would need stronger magic to keep them down.

Dahlia had presented them with a power buffet for both herself and them; now, it was just about who could use it the quickest.

"Daryeet Acza. Domo Etha Ani Oio Thomo."

As they dropped bodies, they both roared out, ripping into the next until most were down for the count. With blood covering their chins, their eyes shifted, yellow for Klaus, bloodshot for the original vampire hunter.

"Suflet Jaryakat Dumi Porvo Vesthat."

There was a shift in the air, the remaining bodies going sharp, then collapsed instantly.

No other minds in the room.

"Daryeet Acza. Domo Etha Ani Oio Thomo."

Most of them were still alive but looked as good as dead, eyes flashing gold instead of milky white, MJ's voice getting louder as her grip on the Prison World stone tightened.

Mikael and Klaus took the hint, not about to waste time and give Dahlia a second to regain control, marching towards her.

She just started slow clapping to try and kill the triumphant look on their faces.

"Quite the operatic performance!" She was still far too calm, "Though, that is the thing with these grand tragedies."

Mikael was holding the knife to kill her up.

"In the end, all the heroes..." She thrust out a clenched fist, "Die."

Their skin started to turn pale.

"Taking away my bodies does nothing to damper me."

"Suflet Jaryakat Dumi Porvo Vesthat," MJ stood up to face her, lilac lights dancing under her skin, "Daryeet Acza. Domo Etha Ani Oio Thomo."

"You should stop trying, young one."

Klaus and Mikael were falling to the floor, paleness now stone grey.

"You'll be free of them soon."

"Suflet Jaryakat Dumi Porvo Vesthat."

Klaus was coughing, grabbing at his drying throat, all the blood they'd just drank abandoning them as the desiccation grew too strong.