177: They All Asked For You

a/n:...so...I reached 400 followers. Have no idea what to do other than say thank you <3
Comment and vote xx Bea

On the fifth day following MJ's departure from New Orleans, the Mikaelson Family were slightly split up. They'd had The Compound to themselves that first night because everyone had been celebrating the wedding in the streets, then The Bayou, but now? The wolves were back in the building, which meant Elijah was across the river in his apartment, and Rebekah was following an ingredients quest out in the city.

That left Klaus and Kol in The Compound – one far more willing to be there than the other.

Four of the pack were in a sparring circle in the courtyard, taking up space and making a lot of noise. Kol could completely understand why Elijah had decided to vacant at the sight of them.

"I need to re-read the draft pages..." He wittered, flicking through the sheets he'd written the night before, "...The unfinished notes might be enough though."

He paused as the cage next to him on the table started squeaking.

"You think they'll be enough, Basil?" He jested, "Qetsiyah's actual Grimoire would've been more helpful but the work-in-progress journals are stuffed with information."

He'd named the mouse on day three, starting to feel bad about referring to it as 'it' while topping up the upsidedown water bottle the cage had come equipped with. Since it was technically MJ's mouse, he hadn't wanted to pick something she wouldn't have, and then he'd remembered one of the films she'd gotten him to watch over Christmas – 'The Great Mouse Detective' and its lead character. She'd also told him that the film was a part of animation history, another reason why she might've named the tiny creature after it.

"You would know that if you were able to read."

The sound of shuffling as the pet scampered about the freshly lain aspen shavings from that morning, sniffing at it to try and find where treats had been hidden.

"So much joy from such simple things – "

His phone beeped, causing both Basil and him to jump, an angry squeak targeted at him for making it so loud. Kol had forgotten his ringer had even been on.

"Relax," He poked a finger into the cage so Basil could sniff it to calm down, "Just a text."

Rebekah telling him to get out of his room because she wanted a family meeting.

He sighed and stood up, heading onto the balcony, where Klaus had just answered the three-way call from Rebekah and Elijah, the phone on speaker like his brother had expected him to join.

"Enough already!" Rebekah complained, the noise of the market behind her, "Come on, Nik. Even you can see that the situation has become awkward!"

"There's nothing awkward about it!" Klaus argued, "Hayley and Hope belong in The Compound, where they are safe."

Which meant Jackson was with them.

"As much as I would like Elijah's help to kill Finn, if his delicate sensibilities are offended by the presence of Hayley's new husband, then he's welcome to continue sulking across the river."

"As I have explained to you repeatedly, brother," Elijah was getting dressed for the day as he talked, "My presence in Algiers is purely to assemble allies."

The excuse he was sticking to.

"And given all the enemies we have afoot in the form of wayward siblings and ancient, maniacal Aunt Dahlia's, I thought you would applaud my efforts."