155: The Brothers That Care Forgot

Warning: MJ will be discussing the fact she killed herself, similar level of intensity as last chapter

On that note: The last time MJ went off 'alone,' no one stopped her, or quizzed her plan, and she blew herself up.
Keep that in mind as Ric gets 'worse' lol. The last time they let MJ do her thing, she did the worst thing. Panicked controlling is reasonable <3

Klaus had never been one to do something half-heartedly, so when presented with the opportunity to hold a family breakfast, he had a field day. The table was full of pastries, various drinks – fruit!

And his resurrected brothers chained to the wall.

The fact that the manacles were enchanted to stop them from attacking him made everything even better.

Two servers were waiting in the doorway, compelled to clean up the leftovers, or any fights, as they happened. He and Elijah didn't need to lift a finger unless they wanted to.

"We are not beholden to the past our parents created for us," Klaus was in the mood to preach and had been monologuing at them for a good few minutes, "No - in fact, today, a new future awaits! So forget your animosity toward Elijah and myself, and instead join us against she who truly deserves your ire. Our mother."

Kol rolled his eyes and looked over to Finn, boredom written across both of their faces.

"Do this, and we will welcome you with open arms."

"Well," Kol started, trying to reach out for something to eat, only for the shackles to limit how far he could get.

Klaus pulled the tray away from him to add insult to injury.

"But, continue to oppose us?" He smiled like a child, "A denial of pastries will be the least of your concerns."

Kol sighed extra loudly to get the point across, "If all you wanted was my allegiance against Mother Dearest, you should have just said so."

Thinking back to the last time they'd spoken, they'd both been threatening to kill the other, and Kol was still operating under that mindset. To a degree. Hence why he was making the dagger. But, at the end of the day, his allegiance was flexible. He'd been holding his grudges for a long time already; he could play friend for a few weeks longer.

"It would've saved me a night shackled to the wall."

"Yes," Elijah mused, "This was all Niklaus. My recommendation was to remove your limbs, one by one, until you complied."

That was slightly surprising, but then again, Elijah was still a Mikaelson.

"We have no desire to torture you," Klaus placed one hand on each of their shoulders, "Provided you vow to stand beside us as brothers."

Finn shook himself out of Klaus's grip and looked at him, completely unconvinced by the friendly threat.

"'Brothers?" He started, "Does that word even apply to us after all these centuries of betrayal?"

He'd never been included in the family vow, and he'd watched it get broken over and over. And then he'd been staked because of Klaus. He'd finally gotten the love of his life back, deciding to help his siblings rather than play sacrificial lamb for Esther, and he'd died for it.

"And, has loyalty to you ever been rewarded? If so, tell me, Niklaus – where is our sister, Rebekah?"

Elijah narrowed his eyes, not fond of the direction the conversation was headed,