116: Bloodletting

MJ was incredibly stressed, to say the least.

She'd used the location in Agnes's brain to find the Floare Grimoire, and holding it in her hands?

Holding a book that had been passed through her mother's family for generations!

It was a rush.

A euphoric rush of flipping through pages and comparing it to the other ones she'd ended up with, then Esther's. She had Esther Mikaelson's Grimoire in her possession.

MJ was kinda freaking out.

SHE HAD THE SPELL TO CREATE VAMPIRES IN HER POSSESSION

She'd been in such a good mood at nine that night, whipping out her paint set, then...she'd gotten a call that changed everything.

Caroline had given Tyler a choice when he'd come back to Mystic Falls; he could stay, be her boyfriend, be a College Freshman, or go after Klaus and get revenge.

He'd chosen revenge.

There was a reason MJ didn't like ultimatums. Making one was setting yourself up for disappointment – but that wasn't what Caroline needed to hear. Her female best friend needed to cry about a break-up, so MJ stayed on call with her, let her get it all out, then suggested they pulled out their laptops. Watching Clueless then Legally Blonde always helped Caroline feel a bit better.

It might seem counter-productive to watch Rom-Coms after a break-up, but it was what worked for them, especially since Elle and Cher were powerful blondes, both smarter than people gave them credit for. It made Caroline feel inspired.

Once Caroline had fallen asleep, MJ waited twenty minutes before hanging up, dialling Tyler in a rush.

No response.

She was going to kick his furry ass if he really thought he could come to New Orleans and take on Klaus without telling her.

MJ only got more stressed when Klaus burst into her room at midnight to announce three pieces of news; Rebekah had left, Hayley had gone missing, and Marcel had visited the house.

Elijah and Klaus were heading to The Abattoir to kick Marcel's teeth in for taking her.

MJ kept very quiet about the fact she knew Tyler might be around, digging Hayley's venom out of her collection, folding up a mini-map in her pocket, casting the spell as they all made their way into the city.

She was praying it was Marcel.

If it wasn't, MJ needed to find Tyler before he did his idiotic plan.

She knew it would be stupid, because if it wasn't stupid, he would've told her.

Since it was only midnight, and a Friday night, the streets were still packed with people. Marcel had a fight night going on, giving them a wonderful dramatic entrance. While Elijah and Klaus argued about what they were going to do to all the vampires, MJ decided to just head straight inside to nose around the nightwalkers, knowing they all vaguely knew who she was.

She didn't know if Marcel had warned them about her being a witch, but she knew they'd been warned about her as a Mikaelson Associate. That was the phrase she was going with since she was getting very sick of the blood-bag comments. It had been a fun joke to trick Marcel; now, it was just annoying her.

Marcel was standing on the top floor balcony, a mass number of candles creating an arc around his office door, and MJ couldn't help but pull a puzzled face.

The candelabras all looked incredibly old and wobbly, and vampires could die from fire, which just made it seem like a really dumb set-up to have.

Guess Marcel just really wanted everyone to know that he liked to live life on the edge.