138: The Big Uneasy

- Remember to comment and vote xx

The building they were using for the main party was a short walk away; the girls taking tourist pictures. That gave MJ time to do a quick sweep of the building for pre-party shots herself, then get back to the doorway to photograph their arrival.

Elijah was the person greeting people, the girls the first there.

Monique paused in front of her like she could see something no one else could.

"You..."

"Yes?" MJ took a picture of Abigail, who grinned at her.

"This morning...the magic's different."

MJ just continued taking pictures, knowing Monique was probably sensing her eldership, wanting to save the announcement for later.

"Davina," Elijah tried to be friendly.

She stopped to face him as the other girls went inside, "Elijah."

"It's lovely to see you," He was genuine, "And under far better circumstances."

"Is it?" Davina responded sarcastically, "My friend Tim is still dead, and your brother's still breathing."

"D," MJ scolded.

Davina looked at the floor.

"Be mad at Klaus," MJ wasn't going to tell her not to do that, "Elijah was trying to help you."

"Sorry."

"You have a right to be mad, Davina," Elijah accepted the apology, "Enjoy the party."

Genevieve appeared behind her, "I hope she's not being rude."

"She's not."

"Good," She put her hand on Davina's shoulder, "Elijah has been a patron to us this evening. We will show him respect."

Davina smiled falsely and curtseyed, heading after the other girls.

MJ looked at the Original. His suit was covered by a thick black coat, collars pointed up. She pressed them down in an attempt to kill the tall, dark and brooding vibe he had going on, ignoring Genevieve's tapping foot.

She finally accepted that MJ wasn't going to leave, "Thank you for all of this."

"This isn't for you," Elijah didn't miss a beat, "You know as well as I that your people would never accept a truce unless we showed them some respect."

Elijah wasn't even looking at her, a hand fondly on MJ's back instead.

"The vampires and the wolves hardly want to show, yet Mira here has swayed them to the cause."

"Giving me too much credit," She smiled, "Plus, Genevieve's not nice for no reason! She wants your mum's Grimoire off you or Klaus."

MJ managed to get the exact moment panic flashed on Genevieve's face in a photo.

Elijah smiled. "She does?"

"Mhm."

"Well, she can have fun trying to remove it from my brother's hands."

The mischievous glint in Elijah's eyes reminded MJ of how similar the Mikaelson's could look at times.

He gestured inside, "Enjoy your party."

Genevieve straightened up, unsure what to make of his expression or MJ's unthreatening stance.

"You know," She focused on MJ, "You can't have the best of both worlds."