101: The Endless Summer

"This is your phone call warning," MJ sat in an airport departure lounge with Elliot, leaving a voicemail, "Just because I said I was coming to New Orleans does not mean I'm going to be there in, like, five minutes

"This is your phone call warning," MJ sat in an airport departure lounge with Elliot, leaving a voicemail, "Just because I said I was coming to New Orleans does not mean I'm going to be there in, like, five minutes."

She'd had the sudden realisation that Klaus might've taken her 'New Orleans' announcement as permission to recreate the summer of her Junior Year.

"If you do desperately need something, Rebekah will probably have a better chance of reaching me since she's also out of the country. Yes, this is me forcing you into making up with your sister if you want to talk to me."

Elliot snorted.

"And if you are that adamant about spending a decade mad at her, I will be checking my emails."

Her MiMiPasare ones.

"Other than that, sorry in advance for your next credit card bill, but I doubt I'll really make a dent. See you in September."

She hung up, Elliot starting to properly laugh.

Her voice came out a little higher than intended, "What?"

"Just thinking back to how that's the guy who held you hostage."

"The world is a complicated place."

He put an arm over her shoulder, and they both sank down a little in their seats – cold metal chairs with tiny cut-out circles that itched your legs when you moved.

His tone became softer, "You doing okay?"

"Yeah," MJ meant it too, "I need a goal to function, and now I have one."

"That feels so unhealthy."

"What does?"

"Needing a goal."

"I mean, I tried a year of just living, no goals, and it turned into the worst year of my life."

"The summer was pretty good," He argued, "And I feel like it was going decently until November."

"Until, Ric, yeah," She did have to give him that.

He offered her a high five, "And now you're done with school!"

"I'm only deferring a year!"

"Please," Elliot scoffed, "You're on the Original Family's payroll. You'll never have to work another day in your life if you don't want to – and I bet you'll get completely swept into the supernatural community over there."

She considered it.

"And that's not a bad thing," He quickly added, "It's not like you're doing nothing. You'll be doing magic, and you'll be happier."

She closed her eyes and smiled, "You're a really good friend."

"I try."

"I hope you love TISCH, and I hope you end up famous."