127: Crescent City

- meant to post this yesterday but came down with something, hence why I haven't looked at comments yet, but I will soon because I love reading them :) <3

MJ had been invited to the grand reopening of St Anne's Church, but she'd opted not to attend. It had been five days since she'd felt Papa Tunde die, and nothing had happened, meaning she'd either been tricked into thinking he'd died, or the Harvest girls were genuinely gone for good.

She liked stained glass.

She liked the architecture of religious buildings.

She'd happily go to a church for an artistic purpose.

And for supernatural missions.

But she didn't like actually attending church.

Instead, she'd decided to spend her morning in The Cemetery, taking a few pictures and getting a general vibe from the ancestors. She needed to work out if they'd been warning her about hijacked power or trying to involve her in it.

Her phone kept beeping.

Messages from Ty and Caroline that made her nauseous.

Caroline seemed ready to christen herself as Satan for having sex with somebody, and Tyler seemed to be building up to a nervous breakdown. They needed to talk to each other. To actually argue out the situation, with words, so they could get to a better place.

Then there was Elena.

Still messaging her to prove that she wanted to be her friend.

It was a lot closer to the relationship they'd had during Junior Year – when Elena had been coming to MJ over the Salvatore's when it came to Elijah and Klaus. Their old levels of trust and communication.

At least, it seemed like their Junior Year relationship until she started asking MJ about her love life.

- You've gotta be having sex with somebody

- You're too hot to not be

'I'm a little preoccupied, lmao.'

- Preoccupied ;)

'No winky face. Genuinely busy with New Orleans Supernatural stuff.'

- Sad

- If I ask Caroline and I find out you're lying to me...

'I'm not.'

- Would it be weird for me to ask about Kol?

'Yes.'

- Can I anyway?

'You're clearly on a love life mission, so go ahead.'

- How was it

'How was what?'

- You know

- The ;)?

'Yeah, this is weird.'

- Weird because it's me or weird because you never talk about it.

'Both'

- Come on. New world order.

- Damon-less Elena wants to be a good friend, and that involves asking how sex with the Original was

'Ooohhhh'

- What are you Ooohhh-ing about?

'You wanna talk about your love life.'