121: Après Moi, Le Déluge

a/n: Not sure how this chapter got long enough to be in two parts, I'll try and have Pt 2 posted tomorrow morning :) <3

Bonnie Bennett had ended up ditching her own Welcome Back party to spend time with Jeremy in a hotel at the edge of Mystic Falls, finally sharing the fact she felt every supernatural death with him.

That wasn't the only side effect of being The Anchor though.

She could see both sides, which meant she could see all the spirits.

As Bonnie left the hotel, about to head back to Whitmore, she froze.

"Hello again," Kol was waiting by her car.

She didn't respond, just staring at him warily.

"If I'm following what happened correctly," He pointed a finger at her, "You can see and hear me. Because Mira made you The Anchor."

Bonnie swallowed, "She did."

Silence.

"Look," She sighed, "If you're still trying for revenge - "

"I would love revenge," He agreed, "But what can I do now the veil's back?"

She eyed him up.

His demeanour became slightly less confrontational, "...I'm here to ask a favour..."

No reaction.

"MJ."

Bonnie's shoulders untensed.

"I saw her kill Silas," Kol continued, "I saw her in the bar with Stefan and Katerina...but she left last night."

Bonnie's tone softened, "You want me to tell you she's okay? That's the favour?"

"I know she's okay," He grinned, "I've been talking to her."

"Okay?"

He cleared his throat, "She's not due back anytime soon."

They didn't know what was about to happen with Katherine.

"Waiting weeks to talk to the person you care for is somewhat torturous."

Bonnie was really trying to keep her face unresponsive.

"Not knowing if their plane crashed, or if a family enemy has tried to harm them..."

"You can 'ghost' to New Orleans if you wanna check-in?"

Kol's expression became almost modest, eyes downcast and posture limp.

"Can't you?"

"Witches have more control of this realm," He reminded her, "And the universe seems to have trapped me here."

Bonnie frowned, "You can't see beyond Mystic Falls?"

He nodded.

"...Oh."

A second awkward silence.

"Well," Bonnie glanced to the hotel door, then to her car, moving towards it, letting him follow, "She has a nice group of friends."

"She's told me about them," He paused, "Then again, it's Mira. Are they 'nice' in the way you all are?"

Expecting Kol to not make a jab was too much.

"Or has she finally found people who respect her? Since I don't really trust her judgement in that department."

Bonnie rolled her eyes.