183: Her Kingdom or Her Home

"Do what you need to do," Elijah nodded to his two witch siblings.

"Rebekah is in really deep," MJ reminded them, "And Eva isn't about to go down without a fight."

"Then she gets a fight," Marcel assured her.

"Be careful," Freya softened her voice, "You're entering Eva's mind. If she kills you in there, you will be lost."

He shifted.

MJ shook her head, "If, for even a second, I think that's happened? I will jump right in."

She could do basic infiltration without a problem.

"And, if you kill Eva before you free Rebekah, then Rebekah will be gone forever," Kol added the other stressful bit, "Once you have Rebekah, then, and only then, can Eva be dealt with."

Vincent breathed in slowly, "We got it."

They both took a hold of each other's hands, the spare out for Freya and Kol to take, inside the circle too, sitting at an angle so their fingers could just about connect.

Freya looked around.

MJ lifted the knife Eva had been using and offered it.

Finally, Freya smiled at her, accepting it, then passing it to Vincent, "You'll need a weapon."

"How am I supposed to take that with me?"

"Lamina Ferri In Mentem," Freya clutched it towards her chest, "Lamina Ferri In Mentem."

Vincent started to grimace, shutting his eyes in acceptance as she stabbed him in the arm.

He screamed for a moment, then fell unconscious, a flash of yellow jumping across the room. MJ was unnaturally aware of it, guiding Marcel's head gently to the floor as he was hit by it too. It was Freya's magic. She shouldn't have been seeing yellow - no one but Freya should've.

Having her hero quest hijacked by someone else wasn't good for her.

MJ understood the situation.

She understood that Elijah was trying to do a nice gesture. Trying to show trust and acceptance. And, MJ knew that Kol was rolling with it so he could somewhat get a read on her.

But, just because she knew something, didn't mean she could get her brain to stop fixating on it. Everyone knew she had a hero-complex, and she'd finally felt the rush of it again.

Kai was gone, she'd slain that demon, and she should've been able to sleep, and she just wanted to save Davina and Rebekah to keep adding to that win.

MJ breathed in sharply.

Teamwork was a way to win too.

She'd found the base, she texted it to them and played a role. She was part of saving them.

She could let someone else do the heavy lifting for once. It was healthy to let someone else do it.

She'd worked with Kol like it was nothing to set the spell up.

Her eyes were pinned on him as he traced his fingers through the sigils, collecting dust on his hands, ready for channelling.

"Mira," Elijah spoke carefully.

She lifted her head, "Hm?"

"You're wrists."

She glanced down.

Lines of gold and purple were flickering in and out, just under the surface.

"Ignore me," She took that as a sign from the universe.