123: The Cell

a/n: There's a jump in between D's death and the episode after it, then they'll be more time in NOLA
P.S. Have fun playing 'truth or lie' this chapter, because it is a mix <3

Wes was cleaning the lab up while Ryos watched from a table, amused at the man's refusal to let him help. He hadn't even been offering magical assistance, just a friendly helping hand, and yet, Wes was determined to be difficult.

His large camping backpack was sitting by the door, a light haori jacket on top of it, his loose linen high necked tank showing his arms. The black tattooed lines curled around from the back of his shoulders, tiny lighting-bolt-like designs over muscle, heading up the back of his neck.

Damon was in the basement, behind bars and still passed out, getting injected with vervain every few hours to keep him down, weak, and craving blood.

Ryos had been to see him, wiping any memory of himself from Damon's mind, tempted to use the situation to get some payback. After MJ had come fully clean to him about her life in Mystic Falls, he knew the vampire hadn't been kind to her, with little-to-no repercussions. He was more than happy to watch him writhe in his cell.

"I wasn't told that you'd be passing through," Wes flicked his cleaning gloves off.

"Why would you be?" Ryos mused, "I work with Augustine, not for them."

"A warning would've been nice."

"Because you would've thrown me a welcome party?"

"Hm."

"Or!" Ryos stood up properly, pointing a talisman he'd been fiddling with at the man, "Would you have prepared some kind of poison to inject me with too?"

Wes didn't respond.

"Locked me in a basement to see just how witches could be used?"

A smile graced his lips as he took in the lab, scanning all the different mixtures Wes was working on

"Because, I must warn you, Wes," He rubbed the talisman with his palms, "I created the original versions of all your little tricks – and I know how to cure them."

The entire exchange had the air feeling heavier around them.

"With or without magic."

The glare Wes was giving him didn't budge.

"And, if you don't start being a little nicer to me," Ryos turned to focus on him again, "You're gonna find yourself in a sticky situation."

"Are you threatening me?"

"I'm saying - you've just taken Damon Salvatore prisoner, and that's not gonna end well for you."

"He'll be under my control soon enough."

"Sure," Ryos nodded falsely, "And his brother?"

Each title was paired with a step closer to the man.

"His girlfriend? All those other people who might be dragged into breaking him out?"

Silence.

"Or who will kill everyone you care about until you comply?"

Wes huffed, "Have you got a point?"

"Have you ever had to go toe-to-toe with a vampire before?" Ryos re-worded, "One that you haven't had some control over?"

"I checked his records," Wes answered confidently, "He was with Augustine for years without anyone noticing he was gone."

"And we live in a vastly different time to the original Augustine Society."