171: I Love You, Goodbye

a/n: Welcome back to this rodeo.
The episode's two chapters. I'll update Pt2 when I hit average votes/reads instead of making you wait until Monday.

Also, they're are some flashbacks planned.
They're a nice break from the intensity of chapters, and they have relevancy later xx

February 2013

MJ had set up a workspace in Marcel's apartment. She couldn't use the Mikaelson Compound, it was being prepared for the wedding, and she wasn't going to use Kol's playhouse because then he'd try and stop her. Her own apartment had that same problem, as well as the added *bonus* of making her cry.

They'd just finished reorganising it for two.

MJ hadn't exactly slept since she found out about the hex, going through every piece of magic text she could to find a solution.

While they'd still been at The Cemetery, MJ had gone to use the Travellers spell on him, but she'd been hit with a massive problem. Kieran had been human when that plan had worked.

The hex was bound to Kol's being, so if she cleared him of magic, she'd be clearing him of all magic, and the witch body would still die because of that. Witches could still live in Mystic Falls because the spell had been tied to the land, not them, but if she charged Kol with the spell, he would be completely wiped. She would be killing him.

His hex was set into his body and his soul, not just his mind.

She could find a loophole.

MJ always found the way out.

Marcel thought she was acting a little insane, but he wasn't going to try and stop her.

Davina had been doing research, too, texting MJ spells she'd found or information about miraculous moments of recovery to see if they could recreate it for a hex.

They couldn't body jump him.

And MJ couldn't catch his spirit because that was a Floare Spell. And she couldn't exactly try and call the Floare living in New York for help.

She'd killed her brother, cut off the Aonso line, died with the magic still in her, and now she was being punished – and because she was being punished, Kol was going to die.

"No."

On a regular day, a year prior, she would've been able to save him.

"No, no, no," MJ chucked a notebook across the room, sitting on the floor, surrounded by papers, "No."

They could turn him.

Except;

-          Hexes still killed vampires.

And,

-          Killing him could eject Kol from the body, no way to capture his spirit.

Even if he didn't get kicked out, turning him might make the hex more painful.

He'd be dying, full of bloodlust, and dealing with heightened senses – including pain.

When Klaus's name appeared on her phone, MJ considered not answering.

But it was Hayley's Wedding Day.

And they still didn't know where Finn had ended up. MJ was really hoping he was just dead, considering he shouldn't have been able to shift bodies, but she hadn't hexed him. She'd just stopped the body changing. And Finn had been using some unknown power source on top of his parents.