156: To Hold A Heart In Your Hand

"Oh my god!" Josh dropped the bag of blood he'd been drinking, splattering it everywhere.

"Josh!"

Davina had taken MJ to Marcel's place across the river, catching her up on everything she'd missed; the Guerrera's, moonlight rings, Cassie/Esther. The mess that had been Mikael getting free and almost killing Klaus. The wolves and the vampires teaming up.

Sam had been trying to get Davina to call them back by updating her on everything.

It was a spacious apartment – two floors, MJ assuming it was the new hub for vampire activity.

She also couldn't help but notice her painting on one of the walls.

Before she could really think about that, Josh left the spillage to wrap his arms around her.

MJ loved hugs.

She'd forgotten how much she loved hugs till she'd spent almost half a day receiving them. Each one was helping her get used to being in contact with other people again, in situations where she felt like she could relax. Readjusting to society.

"You're like, actually here?" He was patting her down to check she wasn't a ghost, "Like, alive-alive – not a vampire? Not a spirit?"

"I'm alive-alive."

"Can I ask how?" Josh said, with about as much tact as expected (not a lot).

MJ poured herself a drink of water while Davina took a seat on the sofa.

"Friendly reminder," Her glass was held up like a toast, "Everything that happens in Mystic Falls sounds like an acid trip."

"We have resurrected body jumping Mikaelson's who are trying to kill each other," Josh stated bluntly, ignoring the sharp glare Davina was giving him.

"Oh, Joshua," MJ laughed, assuming he was just referencing Mikael and Esther, "Resurrected-body-jumping-Mikaelson's-trying-to-kill-each-other was the first term of my Senior Year."

Davina and Josh shared a look.

"Technically, my Junior Year too, if you count how Klaus and I met."

"Give us the crazy then," He took a seat next to Davina while MJ perched on the table, "Tell us about all the behind the scenes details that landed us in this mess."

"A group of witches committed mass suicide to resurrect their cult leader from two thousand years prior. Under the guidance of my twenty-four-year-old brother. Who was acting as the present-day cult leader," Her expression was blank, "Causing the foundations of The Other Side to collapse."

They both blinked, processing the absurdity of that statement.

"I recreated the sacrifice on an even larger scale so we could resurrect a bunch of people. Me and two friends ended up on the wrong side of the door to the afterlife when it shut, I screamed super loud, and that, combined with the spirit of my friend's dead grandmother, sent us to a prison world."

"A what?" Davina asked.

"A prison world," She waved her hand, "I'll show you later. There's one I need to grab in The Compound."

To prove the trip was worth it to Ric.

"I've been stuck reliving the same day in 1994 for basically six months. I got out, now I'm here."

"Wow," Josh nodded, "That's just...something that happens to people?"

"Yep."

"But, now your back?"