185: The Night Has a Thousand Eyes

a/n: not me using a Delena parallel in this chapter 🤭 and a small throwback to TVDS3 MJ and Klaus <3

Enjoy and remember to comment and vote - Bea xx

"The sire-bond," Kol called after Klaus, slowing his steps, "Could you feel it on your end?"

"If I'd been able to," Klaus was scanning the faces of the public, "Wouldn't I have noticed all the hybrids breaking it?"

"I guess that's true," MJ commented, having been thinking a similar question.

"The sire-bond," He mused, "If Davina's interested in that, should I assume Sam is still suffering from his."

"Pretty much."

"I assumed it would've broken once Hope was actually born."

MJ gave him a look.

"She cannot speak yet – how can she give orders?"

"Surprised you haven't moved him in full-time."

"He was. I had a sneaking suspicion it might not have lifted so kept him close enough to find out," Klaus was fighting off a smile, "But now he is deliberately avoiding me, and he's abandoned his phone somewhere."

It was in her apartment.

"He wishes for some freedom, so be it."

Kol didn't seemed convinced, "That's your stance?"

He shrugged.

"You understand how he doesn't wish to be tied to you, yet you're still so desperate to control us?"

"It's not my fault I know what's best for you Kol."

"You've never known what's best for me."

"Both times you've truly turned your back on me you've face death within moments."

The brothers had stopped walking again, locked in a glare off on the street.

"Your plight for attention has spread beyond just annoyances within our family," Klaus spoke firmly, "False attachments with people like Davina."

"Why is it false?" Kol challenged.

"You know full well you wouldn't have spared a second look at her a century ago!"

MJ disagreed.

He would've spared a look at her, used her for some magic, then eaten her.

"You are setting yourself up for an early death, and I will not let you drag Mira down with you."

Kol's face turned murderous.

"Klaus," She frowned, getting in the middle, "Stop and just talk to us."

"No."

"Talk to me about Sam."

She needed to diffuse the situation.

"I offered him a chance to become the Alpha," He was still staring at Kol, "He's the type who has potential."

MJ froze, "What?"

That was Hayley's position.

No.

It was Jackson's.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean," Klaus tried to hide his eyeroll, "I summoned Aiden and he to a bar, offered them the position, and Samu stormed out."

"...But he didn't tell Jackson or Hayley that you were trying to start a revolution?"

"It appears, he can't."