048

Let's just appreciate how fine the men in this book are 😔. Y'all I'm high as shit writing this so please excuse any mistakes.

 Y'all I'm high as shit writing this so please excuse any mistakes

——
THIRD PERSON.
[ January 6th, 2021. 11:30 am.]

"And then the nigga had the nerve to quit in the middle of the game. Chino I'm telling you, yo' uncle Chris is a sore fuckin' loser man." Demitrius smacked his lips as he rested his head on Kali's stomach.

"D, who the hell is chino?" Kali chuckled as she flipped the page of the book she was currently reading.

"My nephew dummy, that's his nickname."

"Chino... like the pant type? I'm barely two months and you swear you know the gender." Kali snickered and squealed when D plucked her hand. Everyone fought over what the gender was going to be.

Kali and Demitrius were team boy while Alonzo, Chris, and August were team girl.

Kali and Demitrius were currently cooped up in the den at the top of her house, he was watching The Incredibles and she was reading a book. It's been exactly a week since the shootout at the mall and Sincere finding out about Reese and Kali.

Sincere wasn't talking to anyone at the moment and he even went as far as to staying with Alonzo until he got over the situation.

The separation was affecting Kali mentally, emotionally, and especially physically which worried the ones around her. August wasn't communicating with her nor Demitrius. He talked to Chris here and there but only to indirectly check on his girl and the growing baby inside of her.

The whole family dynamic was fucked up and they all had Alonzo playing middle man. All he wanted to do was mind his business but it was hard when he had Sincere staying in his guest room.

Reese had fell off the grid, he hasn't contacted anyone nor has anyone seen him. He text Kali the day after everything happened and she cussed him out, then blocked him.

Reese then for some reason tried to text Demitrius but Sincere was playing on his phone at the time and got the message instead, which then resulted in August and Sincere beating his ass.

"You hungry?" Demitrius asked as he poked her stomach softly. Just like Kali, he had gotten attached to the idea of his best friend having a baby. Nobody knew but he absolutely adored children and couldn't wait for Kali to give birth.

"No." Kali gave a slight smile and continued to read.

"Kal you have to eat okay? I know that you're upset and you're hurting but you're not just taking care of yourself anymore... you're taking care of two now."