002

Pfttttt, this school shit be in the way. I'm so ready to graduate, but then again.. yea nah, i'm ready to graduate but here's chapter two. Enjoy.

Originally this was in third person but I wanted it to be in first. So if you spot any mistakes, just leave it be I'll edit later.

Oh and there's Kali in the MM.

——
KALI.

"Sooo, how was your day? Hm?" My best friend Penelope dragged and crossed her legs in the passenger seat.

"Penelope what do you want?" I muttered look over at her. Whenever Penelope sounded like that she either wanted something, knew something or was trying to be nosy.

"Damn, why I gotta want something? Why can't I just check up on my best friend?" She smacked her lips and crossed her arms.

"Aw, okay fine." I pouted. "My day was okay, I got a little project due at the end of this semester, I ended up getting paired up with this quiet dude in my class. Nothing really happened today." I shrugged and rested my head on the seat as I looked out the window and into traffic. "This stupid traffic man." I muttered and looked down at my phone. Sophomore year, I was so pressed to get my car, I deadass thought 'I can't wait to drive!', now I want to do anything but.

For some reason I kept thinking about August. I didn't like him in that way or anything, I know I don't, but I'd be lying if I said he wasn't attractive. He was very attractive, he just wasn't my type. I like my boyfriends buff, almost huge. August is more on the... leaner side. And besides, I have a boyfriend. But I still wanted to get to know him, on a friendly level though, nothing like that. It was something about him, he had this "mysterious boy next door" vibe thing going on.

"Ali? The light is green." Penelope said making me snap out of my thoughts. I raised my hand up to apologize to the cars that was honking their horns at me. "You straight?" Penny asked holding my hand, I nod and start paying attention to the road.

"Okay. Anyway, like I asked. How are you and Roman? His bum ass." She mumbled and I popped her hand and put it back on the wheel. "We're fine." I kept my answer short and sweet. I don't know why she insisted on knowing anything if all she was going to do was put her two cents, that I didn't even ask for, in. I hated this type of question because honestly never know how to answer.

She looked at me and back to her phone. "Hm. Okay." She responded. See.

"We haven't talked in a week. Is that what you wanted to know? God." I snatched my hand away and placed it on the steering wheel alongside my left.

My boyfriend and I were... a sensitive topic. We honestly weren't the worst couple but we damn sure weren't the best, far from it if we're being honest. We've been on and off ever since my junior year, but the we started dating when I was a freshman in California. The relationship was perfect at the start, he always showered me with small gifts everyday, showed affection at any given time, he was just the perfect boyfriend overall. During my sophomore year it died down a little, especially when I wanted to call myself dancing.. but it was still there. Once the end of my sophomore year hit, my father told me that we were moving back to D.C.

Hearing that, my whole world shattered, I was leaving my friends and my boyfriend behind all because of my father's job. Roman made a promise that we'll stay together and do the whole long distance thing. He promised he'd come visit whenever he could, he also said we'll talk everyday and it'll be like I never left. He sealed that promise with a necklace with his name on it and a kiss.  Obviously he didn't keep that same promise. The start of my junior year was smooth, then out of no where we were having constant arguments, calling each other every name in the book, he even went as far as threatening me. But no matter what we did to each other, we stayed. I was so sick of going back and forth about the same dumb shit but Roman was all I knew, he was my first and only boyfriend. Now I'm a senior and still going through the same shit. Was I smart? Hell no. Was I dumb? Probably. But I was in love, and it sucked.