044

Third Person

Third Person. [Unedited.]

"Merry Christmas and happy birthday twins!" Everyone yelled as they rushed into Sincere's room.

Last night the twins spent hours wrapping the boys gifts and eventually fell asleep in Sincere's bed.

"Now would you look at this shit here." Julius chuckled as they all looked down at them.

They were sound asleep, their bodies were facing the opposite way but somehow they were holding hands.

"Their mother would burst into tears." Julius smiled.

"Why?" Chris asked, looking down on the two. He always admired the relationship that they had, but he couldn't help but to feel a little jealous because he knew he'd never be able to have that with his sister.

"They're sleeping like they did when they were newborns, hand in hand. Inseparable."

Chris smiled softly and looked down at his brother. He hasn't forgiven him fully but he loved him with all his heart, he couldn't stay mad for too long.

"So-"

As soon as Chris started to speak, Kali started to stir in her sleep. Her eyes fluttered open and she looked around, taking her hand from Sincere. He popped up from the absence of her hand and frowned as he looked at all the people crowding over them. He knew it was his family, but he knew how they got when he was cornered and he started to get upset.

"Relax." Kali whispered and he squinted, then his eyes widened.

"Oh shit! Happy birthday!" He tackled his sister which made them fall off of the bed.

"Happy birthday." Kali giggled as she tried pushing Sincere off of her. He was skinny but the boy was beyond heavy.

He rolled off of her and helped her up. She looked around to see the room full of balloons and the floor covered in confetti.

"Feliz cumpleaños, mis bebés." Their father grabbed them both and hugged them tightly. "You two are really eighteen now, can't fucking believe it." He chuckled.

"Estoy orgulloso de ti. Ella también." [I'm proud of you. She is too.]

Sincere immediately removed himself from
the hug and Kali sighed, feeling the sudden tension in the room. This time of year was always hard on them but Sincere always took it the hardest. Especially this year, they were finally eighteen and their mother wasn't here to spend it with them. Sincere wasn't ashamed to say it, he was a mamas boy. His mother, Teresa, was his best friend, her dying changed him even though he refused to admit it.

"We know daddy. Thank you." Kali gave a smile and sighed as she looked at the rest of her family.

"Aww you guysss." She gushed and rushed into Chris's arms.