011

Not gonna lie, I love writing for this book LMAO. Maybe because I kind of have a lot planned? I don't know, I'm kind of winging it a little.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter.
——
Kali de Santa.

——Kali de Santa

"Yo."

I sniff, "August?"

"What's wrong?"

"I- nothing, can I see you." I say, my voice cracking a little bit.

"Yea, come by my crib. Then I can follow you to where ever you want to go."

"No. I'll drive, I'm on my way." I say and hang up, I put his address in my GPS and drive off.

I wipe my face and scoff when I see Penny's name come across my phone.

I have nothing to say to her. I finally stand up for myself and get out emotions that I've held in for so long, just for her to sit there and not even say anything. I don't know what I even expected her to say but I just wanted something from her. She's never the one to show emotion or respond to emotion being shown, but for me it should be different. I probably was overreacting but right now I honestly don't care.

I pull up to August's house and I text him letting him know I'm outside.

While I sit there my phone rings and Penelope's name comes across the screen. I look at the phone for a few seconds then I put the phone to my ear.

"What." I answer, she sighs and I roll my eyes.

"Where did you go?"

"Does that matter Penelope?"

"Yes Kali! I want to make sure you're alright." She says softly and I scoff.

"Please spare me. You didn't even apologize to me. Look, I said what I said, and you.. did whatever." I sniff.

"Don't cry. Just.. where are you? I don't think you should've left, we were just having a conversation." She speaks.

"Right, do yourself a favor and don't call me back."

I hang up in her face and fresh tears roll down my face, I don't even know why this is hurting me so much. Maybe it's because she's my best friend and she didn't even care about how I was feeling.

A knock on my window brings me from my thoughts and I look to see August. I quickly wipe my tears, take off my seatbelt and open the door.