019

Eh, have nothing to say. But thank you for getting this book to 1K, I love y'all so much.

This chapter is pretty long, just to celebrate.

Oh, and here's Kali's outfit for the second half of the chapter.

NINA
——
Kali de Santa.

Switching the phone to my other ear, I open the door to my house

Switching the phone to my other ear, I open the door to my house. "Hey, what are you doing up so early?"

August smacks his lips on the other line making me laugh.

"Man, she got me up at 8 in the damn morning to go to some field and fuckin' meditate." He huffs and I start putting the groceries away.

"How did you even get yourself into that?" I giggle.

"We was talking and I ended up tuning her out, next thing you know I agreed to be up at 8, we been here for a whole hour." He huffs.

"How are you even on your phone right now?" I ask.

"She had to go back to the car to get something. She coming back, I'a try and come see you okay? Bye mama."

"Aw, bye Aug. Have fun." I snicker and hang up.

I sigh as I set my phone down on the counter and pout, I missed him already.

Today it was oddly quiet in the house, I really wasn't complaining though. Being the only girl in the house is beyond stressful so I was thankful for all of the peace and quiet that I could get. It's like dealing with children, and you'd think with my father here sometimes it'd get better, it doesn't. Dealing with him, Chris, and Sincere is like dealing with three bad ass little kids, I honestly don't know how my mother did it.

With August out with his mother, Penny out of town all of a sudden, and the boys out doing God knows what, I can finally do the things I couldn't, like writing, yoga, sewing. Was I going to do all of it? Probably not, but I know I could tackle at least something today.