Chapter 4 'Lily's' POV

I hear someone yelling. Loudly. Right by my ear. I scream and quickly jump up and out of the bed. Someone starts laughing. It's Minho.

"Not funny," I groan.

"Wait why didn't she wake up?" he asks. Just then Newt runs in the room looking furious.

"WHAT DID YOU DO?" Newt yells.

"I woke them up. Well, I woke Lily up," Minho laughs.

"What about Kayla?" Newt asks. Then starts to look mad again and yells "I TOLD YOU TO WAKE THEM UP NICELY!"

"She didn't wake up!" I laugh. I go over to her and shake her. She still doesn't wake up.

"How are we gonna wake her up?" Newt asks.

"Water?" Minho suggests.

"NO! She'll be mad," I say.

"So, she probably won't wake up any other way," Minho says and chuckles.

"We could just pull the blanket away," Newt says.

"No fun," Minho laughs. Newt sighs and walks up to Kayla's bed. He pauses, but pulls the blanket off of her. She instantly gets up.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?" She screams. When I say she screams, I mean she screamed LOUDLY. Newt almost falls as he tries to run away.

"I-I was just-" he begins.

"YOU'RE THE CREEPIEST PERSON EVER!" she yells.

"I WAS JUST TRYING TO WAKE YOU UP!" he yells back. I can hear Minho laughing. I almost start laughing too, but I didn't.

"OH SURE!" she yells.

"Okay. Is it just me, or do you two sound like an old married couple?" Minho laughs. I can't help it. I burst out laughing.

"WHAT NO WE DON'T!" Newt and Kayla scream at the same time. Newt looks at Kayla then shakes his head. Minho just laughs harder.

"Why did you have to wake us up?" Kayla whines.

"Well, you have to help around The Glade," Newt says.

"Why should we have to when we don't know why we're here?" Kayla asks.

"Shouldn't we help because they're being...." I pause to look at Minho, "Semi-nice to us?" I ask.

"You call them nice?" Kayla asks.

"Newt and Alby are nice," I say back.

"Hey, I'm nice too!" Minho says quickly."Well, depending on when you talk to me," he laughs.

"Well, warn us not to talk to you when you're gonna be mean," I say.

"I'm hungry," Kayla suddenly says.

"Then lets go get food," Newt says.
Newt begins to walk somewhere and Minho follows. I look at Kayla and shrug and start to follow Minho.

"Wait, why are we trusting them?" she whispers.

"What else can we do? We have no where else to go. Besides, most of them seem like okay people," I whisper back then continue following them. We go to the kitchen and Frypan gives us bacon and pancakes.

"Come on, you should sit with us," Minho says while following Newt outside.

"Thanks," I say while following them.

"Are you sure we should sit with them?" Kayla asks.

"Where else would we sit? With Gally?" I laugh.

"NO! Definitely not!" she laughs. We end up underneath a random tree about twenty feet away from everyone else. We begin to eat in silence.

"Hey, Minho!" some guy says.

"What's up?" another guy asks.

"Are you almost done?" a different guy asks.

"Okay, first of all, what does it look like I'm doing? And second of all, yes, I am almost done. Thank you SOO much for asking," Minho says.

"Well hurry up, I wanna run!" the third guy says.

"Why would you want to go back into that shucking maze?" Minho asks. Maze? What's a maze?

"Well, there has to be a way out somewhere!" the guy says back.

"I guess, let's go," Minho begins then pauses and looks at me. "Hey, can I have your bacon?" he asks.

"Yeah sure," I laugh, "I don't like it anyway." I hand it to him and he takes off running towards a ....door(?)

"Woah, when did that get there?" Kayla asks.