Chapter 19 Kayla's POV

When I wake up, by myself, only a couple guys were awake. I sat up and they all looked at me shocked to actually see me awake.

"What? I don't sleep all the time," I say and roll my eyes.

"Still, it's a first to see you're actually up before some of the other gladers," Winston says. He works in the Bloodhouse. I met him while working in the kitchen. He wasn't as creepy as I thought he would be although he still creeps me out a bit.

"Yeah, well don't get too use to it," I say. I sit there for a couple of minutes before the rest of the room is up.

"What are you doing up?" Candy laughs.

"I don't know. Ask my messed up mind," I say.

"Tell me about it," she says.

"When you wake up your sassed boyfriend, I'll meet you in the kitchen," I laugh and Candy shakes her head.

"Fine, but don't steal all the food and make sure you grab yourself a doughnut," she giggles.

"Okay, more food for me," I say and walk out of the room. I knew Candy was gonna be a while trying to get Minho out of bed so I went to see Newt.
When I walked, Newt was rubbing his eyes. "Did someone just wake up?" I say and giggle.

"Wow, you're up pretty early. I didn't hear anyone scream today," he smiles.

"That's because for some reason I woke up by myself," I say.

"Maybe because you're hungry," he says.

"Probably, I ditched dinner so I could stay with you. So now I'm extra hungry," I pout.

"Then go eat. It's not like I'm going anywhere," he says.

"Wow, that's the spirit," I say and roll my eyes a bit. "I'll be back later."

"Okay," he says and I make my way for the kitchen.

Frypan's already serving people so I sneak behind the counter. No one has noticed me yet so there's no yelling. Usually there is when I go back here to get food.

"How early do you get here?" I ask Frypan. He glances back at me but doesn't look surprised to see me.

"It's about seven. I get here about six sometimes half past five," he says.

"Too early for me," I say and make my own plate. I ended up serving more people since they gave me dirty looks and Frypan said I owed him.

"I didn't think you'd actually be here," Minho says when Candy and him walk in.

"And why not?" I say.

"Because you left Newtie for a whole night," he says dramatically.

"Where'd ya learn to do that? Where you Juliet in a play?" I say and laugh.
"That's not very nice," he says and pouts.

"Wow children. Always fighting," Candy says while shaking her head. I walk out from behind the counter while Frypan gave them their plates. After that, we walk out to our normal tree.

"So was dinner boring without me?" I say.

"Nah, Chuck was your replacement," Minho says.

"He made Minho jealous," Candy giggles.

"Yeah, 'cause I was jealous of Ursula," Minho says sarcastically.

"Why? Because he's a sea witch and you're not," I laugh.

"But he has magical powers," Minho whines.

"Yeah, turning people to dust," Candy laughs. "I mean if you want to turn people to dust, have two creepy eels, and be ugly go for it."