Chapter 8 'Lily's' POV

"Hey, it's time to get up," someone says loudly near me. I woke up awhile earlier, but didn't bother to get up. I open my eyes and see someone who I think works at the farm.

"Okay," I sit up. Kayla still didn't wake up.

"Uhmm, is she going to wake up?" he asks.

"I'll wake her up," I laugh. "Oh hey, what's your name?" I ask suddenly curious. He seems pretty nice.

"Zart. You don't remember yours do you?" he asks.

"Uhmm, no. But, hopefully soon I will," I say.

"You probably will. Nice job yesterday. That was really cool," he says.

"Thanks," I say and get up to wake Kayla. I try shaking her again. It doesn't work, so I start to pull on her blanket.

"HEEY WHAT DO YOU- Ohhhh hey Ca- Lily," she says.

"Uhmm, hi?" I say almost as a question.

"So, what are we supposed to do today?" she asks. I hope she's talking to Zart because I have no idea.

"Uhmm, well, you can try to be a cook today....or work in the Blood-House," Zart tells her.

"Uhmm, let's go with the cook option, because I don't do well with blood," Kayla makes a face.

"You know where it is right?" he asks her.

"Yep," she replies.

"Okay, well, I guess I'll see you guy-girls around," he says then walks away.

"He's weird," I say quietly.

"A little at first, but he's really nice," Kayla says back trying to avoid eye contact. That's weird.

"Well, let's go get some breakfast," I say.

"YES! FOOD IS AMAZING!" she yells causing a couple boys to look at her. I just laugh and start walking to the kitchen. She follows. When we get our food, we go to a random tree and sit down under it. We begin to eat in silence when Minho walks up to us.

"Hey ladies. Come here often?" Minho says as he sits down.

"Hello ma'am, no, we would not like to buy any sushi," Kayla says. Okay, that's rude. Even if Minho was being a dork, she shouldn't insult his race....maybe it's just because I'm Asian too. Or so I was told.

"You don't have to make fun of him," I say.

"Yeah I do. He was being creepy so that was his punishment," she says still avoiding eye contact.

"Fine, I won't talk to you anymore," Minho chuckles.

"Good. I don't like you," Kayla says. I roll my eyes and continue to eat.

"So, come here often?" Minho says and sits closer to me.

"I didn't ask for this," I laugh. "Just because I defended you doesn't mean I like you."

Minho just laughs and eats. Just then, another runner comes up.

"Hey, Minho. We aren't running for a week right?" he asks.

"Nope," he says.

"Okay," the runner says then runs off.

"Since when aren't you going to run?" Kayla asks.

"Since Newt's foot was turned into a pancake," Minho laughs.

"Uhmm, ew," Kayla says back while making a face.

"Wait. I thought you didn't want me to talk to you," Minho smirks.

"Eww, I forgot," she laughs. I just shake my head and continue to eat.