Chapter 29 Kayla's POV

"NOOOO! I'M BURNING!" I scream. I can see the greenie jump back a few feet. I stop screaming and look at Newt dead in the eye. "If my tree burns, I burn with it."

"No one or thing is burning on my watch," Alby says somewhere behind me.

"Dang, that would've been funny," Minho says.

"You call that fun?" Thomas gasp.
"Calm down. It's a joke they play on each other," Candy says. I can only hear the voices since I'm still staring at Newt.

"Earth to Kayla. You're creeping me out," Newt says and pushes my head to the side.

"That was the point," I say and sit back against the tree. "So, whatcha want, Chuckita?"

"You heard about that?" Chuck asks.

"Who hasn't?" I reply.

"True. I was just going to see where he would sleep since uhm no one had to make that decision with you two," Chuck says.

"Alby and I did. Just have him sleep outside. Wherever he would like," Newt says.

"That was actually a mistake putting the girls in the keepers room," Minho says.

"Why?" Me and Candy ask at the same time.

"Wait, never mind," I say. Minho smirks.

"How many times have I told you, NO FRICKLE FRACKLE!" Newt yells. I can't help it and burst out laughing.

"Why tell me? You should be talking to yourself," Minho says. Just to be creepy, I suddenly stop laughing, which took great effort.

"That's not funny," I say deadpanned.

"How did you do that?" Thomas asks.

"Listen to the spirits. They tell her deadly things," Candy laughs.

"They do," I say in my creepy voice. "Whispers about midnight. The Hanging Tree."

Thomas looks stunned but Chuck laughs.

"Don't worry, it's all in her head. Plus, she is super creepy but it is amazing to see the look on Gally's face," Chuck says.

"That's what you think," I say quietly. Sometimes, it feels like I hear people whispering in my head. That's just some hallucination since some guy named Alex decide to hit my head with a stick. I've been hearing them ever since.

"Still hearing the voices?" Newt whispers.

"Not right now. I haven't heard anything today," I respond.

We finally get done eating and head to The Homestead.

"Chuck, can you handle putting the greenie somewhere?" I ask.

"Yeah I think so. If not, I'll look for you guys," he says and walks away with Thomas following reluctantly.

"Ain't Chuckita sweet?" Candy says.

"Just adorable," says Minho.

"You're not still made he put that bucket of ice down your shirt, are you?" I ask. Yesterday while we were eating lunch, I dared Chuck to dump a bucket of ice down Minho's shirt. Of course, Chuck did.

"Yes, what the shuck?" he says.

"Well, then you should be mad at me not him," I say.

"Why?" Minho asks suspiciously.

"I dared him to," I say simply.

"What the-" he starts to say but gets interrupted.

"Have you guys seen the greenie?" Gally asks.

"He was with Chuck," Newt says. Gally nods and walks away.

"Wonder what he wanted," Candy says.

"I don't know but let's hope he don't go off on someone," I say.

"Eh, if it's not me I'm fine with it," Minho says.

"We're going to bed, aren't we?" Candy asks.

"No, we have something special planned for tonight. You two aren't allowed to see," Newt says.

"Why not?" I whine.

"We are not telling," Minho says. Minho and Newt stop walking. "Now, go on without us."

"We'll come get you when we are ready," Newt says.

Candy and I groan and walk into The Homestead. I lead the way upstairs and plop down on my bed.

"This is going to be boring," I whine.

"Tell me about it," Candy says.

For an hour or so we make up stories to tell or play some silly game we made up. We ended up playing battleship. We beamed each other with pillows whenever the other was out in the open. First one to get hit lost. I'd just got hit in the stomach with a pillow then threw one at Candy, which hit her arm, when the boys walked in.

Author's Note: yay I'm on spring break and so is Cat (the other author)!! Although, I'm not too sure how fast the chapters will be written... Don't kill us if it isn't fast ~MaKayla