Chapter 17 Kayla's POV

"Fine," I say and walk out. How well could this go? This might be the most awkward thing to happen to me. Well I really can't say that considering I don't even have all of my memories. All of the sudden, there is a short boy walking next to me.

"Hey Kayla," Chuck says.

"Hi Chuck, whatcha doin'?" I ask.

"Nothing really. I got bored of my job. It isn't a lot of fun," he says while scrunching his face.

"Would you like to be me? But a boy version 'cause that just be weird," I say.

"With that look on your face, no thanks," he says.

"What? I have a look on my face?" I ask.

"Ya know, you look like you're ready to cave in on yourself anytime now," he says.

"All depending on how this goes. See ya later, Chuck," I say and wave.

"Bye," he waves.

I walk into The Homestead and make my way for Newt's section. Right before I get to the door, Uriah is in front of me.

"What are you doing here, Karl?" he says and laughs.

"Well, Ursula, I'm going to talk to Newt. Don't be a Debbie Downer and get out of the way," I say and giggle a little.

"Wow, Newt has had Minho and Candy in and out of there all day. What's going on?" he asks.

"What? Jealous?" I laugh and walk past him. He shakes his head and heads down the hall.

I brace myself before I open the door. It won't be that bad hopefully. I don't think anything bad could really happen. Well, besides a griever coming and eating us all. I laugh at how foolish I was acting. I open the door.

"Hi Newtie. Heard you had a lot of visitors today. Or just two really annoying ones," I say.

"Just the two annoying ones. They've been bugging me all day," he says.

"Could be worse. You could have Gally's obnoxious voice haunting you," I say and sit on the side of his bed.

"I'm going to take that as you've already dealt with him today," he says and sits up.

"Yep, annoying attitude and all," I laugh,

"Fun," he says. "Wait, who told you those shanks were here all day?"

"Ursula," I say and burst out in giggles.

"Nice, Karl. Seems you're very popular today," he says with a smile.

"That I am. Even though I threatened to bite Minho," I say and Newt laughs.

"What'd he do now?" he asks.

"What hasn't he done?" I reply.

"True," he says and I laugh.

"So, what did you call me up here for?" I ask even though I already have an idea why.

"What? I can't request to talk to you. But I thought we were friends," he whines.

"Well yeah, but I don't know if it went too well with Frypan," I say.

"He can't yell at you. If anything, he has to yell at me," he says.

"If I get in trouble, I'm sending him to you," I say.

"I can deal with him. I'm a big boy," he says. I laugh. "I guess that wasn't the real reason I called you up."

"Technically, it might be. Although, that might be a vague request," I say.