Chapter 28 Candy's POV

"Kayla scared the new greenie," I giggle.

"Well, she sure is terrifying......and when did you accept the term greenie? Last time I checked, you and Kayla were ready to kill whoever said that," Minho laughs.

"Since we won't be called that," I laugh.

"I can still call you that....well....not you, but I can still call Kayla that," Minho says.

"No. Be nice to Kayla. You guys fight like Gladers and Grievers," I say.

"She starts it," Minho says.

"Not all the time. Now go take a shower. You're all sweaty," I giggle.

"Fine. See ya at dinner," Minho says and tries to hug me but I run away.

"No. Bad onion. No hugs until you're clean," I giggle and dash away. I go to find Kayla.

"Hey Chuckita," I giggle.

"Hi. Lookin' for Kayla?" he asks.

"Yep," I say.

"I think she was with the greenie," Chuck says.

"Aw. Poor Thomas. She's probably terrifying him right at this moment," I say.

"I have a feeling he'll live," Chuck laughs.

"You don't know that, Kayla can be.......I can't think of a word," I laugh. I still can't remember everything the other Gladers can.

"Mean? Evil? Scary? But nice at times?" Chuck laughs.

"The second one," I say.

"Vicious is here!" Someone yells and I jump. I've been getting scared easily and I don't know why.

"Hey Kayla," I giggle.

"Hey," Kayla laughs.

"Newt is here too. Not that anyone cares," Newt says and Kayla laughs.

"I care," she says.

"NO PDA IN THE LOBBY," I yell.

"This isn't a lobby," Kayla giggles and grabs Newt's hand.

"Well I don't know what a lobby is anyway. I think I've heard that saying before though," I say.

"Then don't tell us what to do," Newt says and hugs Kayla.

"GET SOME!" Minho yells.

"WHAT THE SHUCK MINNIE!" Kayla yells and jumps away from Newt.

"Not funny," Newt laughs.

"Bad onion," I giggle.

"Yes I am," Minho smirks and hugs me.

"Ew. You're all wet," I say.

"Woah Candy," Kayla says with a disturbed look on her face.

"Not like that," I blush.

"How do-" Minho says before I cut him off.

"PANCAKES!" I yell and run towards the Kitchen. I'm the third fastest in the Glade. But I'm too important to the med-jacks to become a runner.

"YAY!" Kayla yells and follows. Kayla is the second fastest.

"I'LL RACE YA!" Minho laughs and easily outruns us. Kayla says she'll be able to outrun him but I doubt it.

"You guys are slow," Minho laughs as we reach the Kitchen.