Chapter 23 Kayla's POV

The bright rays of the morning sun threaten to blind me. There's always a downfall to sleeping next to a window. Then I realize I'm not in the keepers' room. I'm still laying on Newt's chest. Slowly, I open my eyes. Newt is already up and he's looking at me.

"Good morning, love," he says. I can still hear the sleepiness in his voice.

"Morning," I say and rub my eyes. "There really should be something covering that darn window. I can barely see."

"Poor baby," he says. Just then, I heard yelling from down the hall.

"What the shuck is this?" someone yells. I roll my eyes because it's probably just idiot.

"Wonder what that's about," Newt says.

"I have no idea. I don't wanna get up either," I say.

"Someone will be in here in a minute," Newt says. Right after he says that, Minho and Candy walk in. "Told ya."

"Gally is so shucking annoying," Minho says.

"Really? I had no idea the eyebrows of Satan so bloody annoying," I say and giggle.

"My word. Get your own," Newt chuckles.

"Fine, dork," I say.

"Breakfast?" Candy ask. I glance at Newt and he smiles.

"Yep," I tell Candy. "I'll be back soon," I tell Newt.

"Okay," Newt says. I get up and push past Minho to the Kitchen.

"Rude," I hear him say under his breath.

"I heard that," I laugh.

Like always, there is a crowd in the Kitchen. I shove through everyone. Rude looks is about the nicest thing I see. I roll my eyes. "Grow up," I mutter.

"Kayla, you're gonna need to help," Frypan says once I reach the counter.

"Just this meal. I'm not serving anyone else when ALL I GET ARE DIRTY LOOKS," I yell the last part so everyone can hear it.

"Sorry," I hear a couple people mumble. That's what I thought. Candy and Minho have just walked in.

"Looks like you two could use some help," Candy says. She and Minho get behind the counter and start serving plates.

"Hey, what was that yelling about this morning?" Frypan asks.

"Yeah, what was that?" I ask.

"Gally," Candy says.

"Slinthead thinks we are going to do something highly inappropriate," Minho says.

"Well, that's disturbing," Frypan says.

"Am I missing something?" I ask. I feel completely lost on what just happened.

"Minho slept in Candy's bed with her," Frypan replies. "Speaking of sleeping, where the heck did you go?"

"She spent the night with her Newtie," Minho laughs. Candy elbows him. "It's true."

"That was actually quite adorable," Candy says.

"Cuter than Mandy," I say and run out from behind the counter. I remembered to take a plate with me.

"Keep lying to yourself," Minho says as he and Candy walk over to me.

"This tree sacred. Spirits will attack," I say creepily.

"Minho, something is wrong with Kayla," Candy says.

"Well better tell Newt his girlfriend is broken," Minho says and shakes his head.

"My precious," I yell in my still creepy voice. This is actually quite fun.