27.

Ryan

When I woke up it was a little after 6pm, I sat up and realized that I was in Dave's house. My entire body ached, and I didn't have any energy. I looked around and didn't see him, I called his name but no answer. I tried to stand to my feet but my legs quickly gave out, "shit." I sat on the side of the bed trying figure out how I was gonna make it to the bathroom without falling. I reached over on the nightstand and grabbed my phone, I called his phone. "Hey sleepyhead, I just picked up Kai." He said into the phone. "Oh, I wasn't sure where you were cause I need help." I said embarrassed cause this shit has never happened to me before. "What's wrong?" I really didn't wanna give him the satisfaction. "I can't get out of the bed, my legs keep giving out." all I heard was him laughing on the other end of the phone. I frowned annoyed that he just thought the shit was so funny. "Just hurry up." I said hanging up. I threw one of his shirts on and laid back down, I really just waited for him to come back. I did wanna talk about what happened and where we would go from here, I didn't know how to feel truthfully. Did I wanna be with him or was this just me filling a void from what happened with me and Antonio? I just didn't wanna make the wrong decision again, like was I truly ready to put everything in the past behind us? I mean the constant cheating, the disrespect, and let's not forget when he had to get a dna test for another baby outside of our relationship, and the list could go on and on. I was anxious as fuck because I also didn't know where he was at mentally, I heard the door open and Kairi screaming to the top of her lungs. "I want mommy!" she hollered. "Okay okay, if you be quiet daddy will go get mommy okay?" he said trying to reason with her. I guess it worked cause she got quiet as hell, I heard his heavy ass footsteps coming closer to the room. He opened the door and he closed it behind him, he came to my side and picked me up like it was nothing. He carried me to the bathroom and started running the water for me to relax I'm guessing? Once everything was ready he stripped me out of the t shirt I had on and sat me in the tub. "I only got about 20 minutes in me to stall her until you get out." he said sounding stressed. I chuckled and nodded, "alright I got you." he nodded and headed out the bathroom. I washed my body and made sure that whatever I wore didn't show all these marks on me. Once I got out, I was happy as hell that I could walk without my legs giving out on me. But I did walk funny, baby steps I guess I had on this hoodie and some of Dave's sweat pants. I quickly brushed my teeth and rinsed my face. Once I made it downstairs and Kai saw me she damn near jump out of her skin, "Mommy!" she said running towards me I scooped her up in my arms and held her. "Hey baby, I missed you." I said as she kissed me. "I missed you." she said holding the sides of my face. It was moments like this, that made my entire existence worth it, me and this little girl has been through so much together in such a short amount of time. I carried her to the couch and sat down, she laid her head on my chest and listened to my heartbeat. Dave stood in the kitchen and watched us, he had this smile on his face. He came and sat across from us on the other couch, "Can we talk about what happened this morning?" he asked curiously. I looked up at him and nodded, "We have to talk about it, in order for this to not cause any confusion." I said waiting on his to say something back. "Well let's just start off by saying that I enjoyed it, but I don't wanna make you feel like I'm forcing you to be with me or anything." he said rolling up. I nodded cause he had a point, "I feel you, I just don't wanna make the same bad decisions when it comes to us. I've dealt with a lot when it comes to being with you and I don't wanna continuously get hurt." I said honestly. "And I understand where you're coming from, I've matured a lot over the last year, and overall I'm not the same man you met 5 years ago, I'm more wiser and understanding. I do still love you and you already know that, I want us to work cause I know that we can really make it if we tried. Me and you have been through hell and back literally, nobody could last a day in our shoes, but for us we're built for anything, I wanna wake up to your beautiful face everyday not just today. I wanna wake up to Kairi jumping on the bed waking us up cause she's bored, I wanna have your home cooked meals every day and tasting your new recipes. I wanna be the man I should've been from the jump, I'm putting my all into this Ry." he said wholeheartedly. I bit down on my bottom lip in deep thought, cause this sounded real tempting. "We can give this another try.. but I wanna move slow with this. It's gonna be like back when we first started dating. We're still gonna stay in separate houses but I'm open to giving this another try." I said looking over at him. Cause despite everything I did still love this man, and ima really try to see the good in him. I just didn't know how our family would react to the news, cause I know his grandma was happy as hell when she found out that we were no longer together, his mother was sad when we divorced but she remained neutral between us but I didn't fuck with her either. Now my family? My step dad, wasn't too fond of Dave anymore and neither was my mom. I guess cause instead of keeping my problems with him to myself I always told them, which was something else I would have to stop doing. Now Brooke and Baby would be happy to see us back together, I just wished Ghost was here. It'll be like the old times, so much has changed and it's like it'll never be the same. Kairi raised her head up and I guess once she realized she was dozing off she got up and climbed off of me. I stood to my feet and made my way over to where Dave was sitting, I sat next to him and he pulled me on top of him. "I also seen that you still have my name on you, why you never covered it up?"
I knew he was gonna bring it up, "well for one the shit hurt, I had scheduled an appointment to cover it up but my trip to LA postponed that." I said.
"You was gonna cover it up?" he said acting surprised. "Yes, I was remember we wasn't together. I'm actually surprised you still have my name on you." I said pointing at his neck. "I told you when I got it that no matter what happened between us that it was going to stay, your a big part of my life story." he said sounding corny but I knew he was being deadass. Kairi was sitting on the floor with her iPad and headphones in, she wasn't paying us no mind. The three of us spent the rest of the day, just hanging out I finished off the night by cooking dinner and I could actually say that I was content with life. But knowing how my life is, I knew that it wouldn't be too long before some shit happens..

-

And they're backkkkkk🥳thoughts ?