3.

Ryan

I decided to pick Kairi up early, when I pulled up in the driveway of Miss Pam's house I made sure I looked decent. I got Kam out so I wouldn't have to carry that big ass car seat, I knocked on the door. The door opened revealing Kairi, she hugged my leg greeting me. "Hey baby, where's Grandma?" 
"Right here, I thought you were supposed to come get her tomorrow?" she asked clearly concerned. I took a seat on the couch, "Kairi go play, mommy will call you when we're about to leave." She nodded and ran towards the back of the house. "What's wrong Ryan, it looks like you've been crying." I sighed, "he cheated. with the receptionist."
She gasped, "How did you find out?"
"He just came out and told me, I guess the guilt or maybe the fact that we got into an argument." I could tell she felt sorry for me. "Ima kill his ass, he knows damn well I didn't raise him that way." I didn't say anything cause she did fake her own death for years, as if that didn't affect him. "It's fine, I just need my own space so I can figure out where to go from here." I said looking down at Kam. "What are you guys gonna do with the kids?" she asked looking at him. "Coparent until we figure out where we stand with our marriage. I wouldn't keep him away from them." I said honestly. She nodded and placed her hand on my shoulder, "I'm here if you guys need anything." she said genuinely. I nodded and thanked her, once we finished talking I called Kairi and told her to get her things. She came down the hall dragging her little suitcase, "ready mommy." she was excited to see me and the feeling was mutual. "Tell grandma bye." I said standing to my feet as she waved to Miss Pam. "Bye sweetheart." she said to Kai. I grabbed her hand as we walked out, I made sure the both of them were properly strapped in their seats. I handed Kai her iPad and the headphones, I wasn't sure what I was about to do but I knew they couldn't sit in a car all day. They have a schedule and if I broke it I would regret it later. My phone started ringing, and I answered it and put it on speaker since I was driving. "Hello?"
"Hey Ry, I spoke to ya boy and he told me what was going on. You okay?" It was Baby on the other end of the phone. I smiled cause it had been awhile since I heard or seen him. "I'm fine, just trying to figure out where to go from here." I said navigating through traffic. "You know no matter what I gotchu' and da' kiddos if y'all' need me for anything." he said with his southern accent. "I know and we thank you for-" I guess Kairi paused whatever it was she was watching cause she hollered out. "Mommy is that uncle Aug?" I heard Aug chuckled. "Yes Kai it's me, and why you hollerin' ? Ain't yo' brother sleep?" he said. "No he's awake, when are you coming back?" she asked. "I don't know babygirl whenever I have some free time. But I need you to be good for ya' mama okay?" I could tell she was sad when he said he wasn't sure when he would be visiting. "Yes sir." she said quietly. "But when I see you I'll have you a surprise okay? I luh' you." he said trying to reason with her but of course she's so much like Dave that she wasn't trying to hear what he had to say. "Love you too." And with that she placed her headphones back in. "She put her headphones in bro, but whenever I get to where I'm going I'll call you." I said navigating through traffic. "Alright be safe." and with that he hung up. He's always been neutral when it came to me and his homeboy, which is why I was closer to him than Chris. Him and Brooke broke up recently and he now lived back in Harlem meanwhile she stayed in Brooklyn with CJ. Chris was gonna always be on Dave's side meanwhile Brooke was on mines. I decided to go to a hotel, I had made sure I brought Kam's little playpen which could be turned into a bed. "Hey daddy." I heard Kairi say, I looked at her in the rear view mirror. I assumed he had FaceTimed her so I didn't say anything. "No he's up and I don't know." I didn't interrupt her conversation with her dad so I just decided I was gonna stop at a nearby McDonald's. While Kai was on the phone with her dad I ordered our food, it wasn't the healthiest but it would have to do since we aren't in the house. I told her that she had to eat and that she could call her dad later, he wanted to talk to me but I hung up. I wasn't ready to talk to him just yet, I made sure she ate her food before I ate. While we sat there I booked the hotel room for 2 nights just until I can figure out what I'm going to do moving forward.

Dave

When Ryan hung up it hurt, but I understood why she didn't wanna talk. I'm just glad I got to talk to my babygirl, there was a knock on the door. I looked at the cameras and saw it was Brooke, she wouldn't be here if she knew Ry wasn't here so it was obvious she wasn't aware of what was going on. I opened the door, "wassup B?" she looked around. "Where's Ry?" she asked. "She uh.. left me." I mumbled and she looked at me as if I grew 2 heads. "What the fuck you mean she left you? What did you do? Cause she wouldn't just up and leave." she frowned. "I cheated.. with my receptionist."
She shook her head, "Really? Why do you keep doing this to her? Why did you even marry her if you were gonna cheat on her?" She was right, why do I keep hurting her? Maybe she would be happier without me.. I broke down everything that happened leading up to today and Brooke was pissed. But I couldn't blame her, I wasn't treating her bestfriend right, which was one of my promises to her and Ryan's mama. And if she got wind of this she would gladly book a flight and kill me. I sighed cause I knew what needed to be done for the both of us.

                                          Ryan

Once we got settled into the hotel room, I fed Kam and changed his diaper. I bathed Kairi and made sure she was okay. She sat in the middle of the bed watching cartoons while Kam slept. I wasn't sure if I wanted to work this out with Dave because he would only keep doing it, and I refuse to let him walk all over me. Maybe we just aren't meant to be, just the thought that my marriage is falling apart upset me. I was snapped out of my thoughts by my phone ringing, speaking of the devil. "Yes?" I said into the phone. "I was just calling to see if you guys were okay." he said into the phone. I rolled my eyes cause he's the reason we're here. "We're fine." I said keeping it short and simple. "Alright, well I love you." he said and as much as I wanted to believe him I just couldn't. "Okay." I heard him sigh, "Dave?"
"Yeah?" he said but I knew after I said what I've been thinking he'll be hurt but I'm just tired. "I want a divorce.." the line went quiet, "Really Ryan? Can we fix this please? I'll change." he said pleading again. But I stood my ground, "No, not this time.. I love you but I love myself more and our relationship just isn't healthy. I don't want anything from you but to just be free." I heard my voice crack so I quickly hushed. I couldn't believe I said that, cause never in a million years did I think we would be getting a divorce after only being married for a year. But this was the last straw for me, and I was tired of being embarrassed by him. "If this is what's gonna make you happy then I guess so but just know I'll always love you.. deadass." and with that he hung up. I sighed, looking over at Kairi who was staring at me. I guess she could sense that something was wrong cause she climbed in my lap and laid her head on my chest. She fell asleep on me and I placed her next to me, tonight was the first night with just me and the kids, no husband, or anything and it was kinda scary being in a new place without Dave but this is what it is..

-
thoughts ?👀