45.

Ryan

As the weekend ended I was back on mommy duties with my babies, Dave dropped them off about an hour ago so now we had to get ready for the week.
I got started on dinner which consisted of salmon with potatoes and asparagus but knowing my picky daughter she only ate the fish and potatoes. But as long as she had a full stomach I wasn't gonna complain.
I headed upstairs to start her bath and while the water I'm was running I got her pajamas together, I had washed her hair before she left for her dads so she was fine until her next wash day. I put her bonnet on her head and we got started on bathing her, I saw that it was a little after 8 and we were running behind cause I still had to tend to Khari. Once I had Kai dressed and ready for bed I tucked her in and told her that I loved her. I left her nightlight on and her door cracked. I then bathed Khari and fed her, and I walked around the house until she fell asleep. I brought her to her room and laid her down in her crib, I made sure the baby monitors were on in both of their rooms and made my way downstairs to clean up the mess I made cooking. I made sure downstairs was clean before I headed upstairs to my room to take a shower, once I showered and got myself together I felt relaxed. It was a little after 10 and I was exhausted. I checked the monitors and both kids were knocked out, I smiled at how beautiful they are.

My phone started ringing and it was my honey, "hey." I greeted once I answered. "Hey baby, were you in the bed?" he asked. "Yeah I just got the kids to bed cause Kai has to be at school in the morning." I said. "Oh okay, how are they doing?" he asked. "Good, Kai asked me when was she gonna have her own baby." I heard him laugh. "I was shocked and I couldn't even respond to that other than telling her she won't have her own baby for a longgggg time." I said chuckling. "I guess she became more curious as she got older and was around whenever you were pregnant?" he said. "I guess so." I simply said. "What are you doing? How's the project coming along?" I asked. "It's going good I finally figured out a name for the song about you." he said. "What's it called?" I asked excitedly. "Love Me. It's simple but that's because I didn't want the name to be so extra that it watered down the song and it's meaning." he said. I wasn't into the music industry but I understood what he meant why not wanting to water down the lyrics. "I understand, I know the layout will be perfect so don't worry." I said calming his nerves.

The next morning when I woke up, I yawned cause I was still kind of tired. I ended up falling asleep after midnight from being on the phone with Antonio. I threw the covers off me and stood to my feet stretching, I made my way to the bathroom to do my hygiene. Once I got myself half decent I made my way to Kai's room, she was peacefully sleeping and I knew she was about to have an attitude cause I woke her up. I carefully tapper her and called her name, she started to move but also whine in the process. I mentally sighed cause I knew this was about to be harder than I thought.
After about 10 minutes of trying to get her out the bed, she finally got up we were now running late and hurried to get her fed and dressed. She was gonna get picked up by Queen this morning since Khari was still asleep and I didn't wanna get two kids ready to bring them out into this cold ass weather. Over the weekend it randomly got cold outside and I wasn't gonna risk having two sick kids in the house. I made sure she had her coat, hat and gloves on before we walked outside to meet Queen and her eldest son CJ. I greeted the both of them as Kai got in the car, I made sure she had her seatbelt on. I said my goodbyes and told her I would see her later, I thanked Queen and of course she said it was no problem. I watched as they backed out of the driveway, before I headed back inside.

I headed upstairs to check on Khari, she was asleep of course. She woke up like twice during the night so she would probably be asleep for like another hour or two. I went downstairs and made me a bowl of cereal, my phone started ringing and it was Mr. Brewster, "hey babydaddy." I greeted. "hey Ry, Kai's at school?" he asked. "yeah Queen took her and CJ this morning, she had an attitude whenever she got up." I said propping the phone up. "Cause you woke her up huh?" he said laughing. "You already know, but I nipped that shit in the bud." I said. "Don't do my baby like that." He said. "Dave, she's too spoiled. She's 5 now and she's no longer the only child, if we don't nip this in the bud we're gonna have a child that's out of control." I said truthfully. I wasn't too sure what was going on with Kai lately but I didn't like her attitude when she couldn't get her way. "What do you think we should do?" he asked. We both didn't know how to handle the situation cause she was our first child so we were still learning. "She's gonna have to start cleaning her own room instead of me doing it for her, no iPad if she hasn't been good. I refuse to let her keep doing whatever she wants if she's been acting out.
I'm not gonna keep spending money on bullshit that she doesn't need." I said becoming fed up. "I feel you Ry, we'll just do that to see how it goes." He said agreeing with me. We talked for a few more minutes before I heard Khari so I ended the call. I made my way up the stairs to her room, I scooped her up in my arms and brought her to her changing table. I changed her diaper and got her bottle made, I sat on the couch with her in my arms and fed her.

                                        Dave

Ryan got off the phone when she heard the baby crying, so once the call ended I made my way to the bathroom to shower. I had a few things to do today since I had the girls this weekend, I have to stop by the office then I have to go check on my grandma. I still haven't been in contact with my moms, ever since Kam passed I've held this resentment towards her. Ryan has kept Kairi away from her and she has never met Khari and she's almost 6 months. It had been a little over 2 years since Kam passed and I wasn't ready to put that behind me. But my grandma felt the complete opposite of that, she felt like we should try to move forward and rebuild our very strained relationship. I did feel like that would be a conversation I should have with Ryan, even though we're not together she's still the mother of my children so her thoughts mattered. I stopped at the office to handle business, I called for a meeting for everyone I had to set some new rules and regulations due to my absence. And I also had to fill in for a temp since Monica would be going on maternity leave soon. I couldn't forget to get her paid time off situated before doing so, I was gonna pay her for the entire 6 to 7 weeks she would be out. I knew she had a family outside of work and bills and because of the fact that she remained employed here after all these years and all the trials I had to show her my appreciation. Even though in the state of New York paid time off for having a baby wasn't something most businesses did but I couldn't do my employees like that. I was there for almost a full shift so by the time I left it was almost dark, I hurried to my grandmothers house. I was slightly nervous about this conversation but I tried to remain calm and only hope for the best.

-
-
-

heeey y'all , I hate to say it but the story is almost over☹️there's only like 4 or 5 chapters left.